The lure of a getaway seems so appealing, doesn’t it? Travel is always a novelty until the first realization that you are without your normal creature comforts. A headache, indigestion, motion sickness, situational sleeplessness or a compromised immune system can have you feeling homesick in no time. That’s when it’s smart to prepare before the problems occur. During the busy travel times of the year, we never leave home without our favorite herbs. There are a lot of great tinctures and salves out there, but teabags are the ultimate in lightweight travel. With hot water available on airplanes, in coffee shops, restaurants, rest stops, and cafeterias, herbal tea couldn’t be easier or more soothing for maintaining balance while away from home.
What you choose to bring should be based solely on your individual needs. Do you have a hard time sleeping in a hotel? Maybe you want to bring some Nighty Night® tea. Do you get queasy on road trips or get occasional indigestion? Consider Ginger Aid®—the ultimate two-in-one herbal medicine. Stopped up by another food that’s not part of your regular diet? An evening cup of Smooth Move® can get your system moving again. Feeling overstimulated by another family holiday? Invite a cup of Stress Ease® Cinnamon to come to the rescue! And that’s just scratching the surface of all the possible scenarios that you might encounter.
As any herbalist will tell you, the key is to maintain balance. But when you’re away from home, so much is out of your control: diet, transportation, and bedding—not to mention the emotional stimuli of being with new people or challenging social situations. Below are a few of our favorite to-go teas to keep your body on track with its normal routine. We also recommend taking daily doses of a probiotic, to help support your regular digestion, while doubling as immune support.*
- Ginger Aid: Supports healthy digestion and relieves nausea associated with motion.* If taken for motion, we recommend consuming a cup a half an hour before take-off.
- Smooth Move: Relieves occasional constipation.*
- Peppermint: Supports healthy digestion and freshens breath.*
- Weightless® Cranberry: Relieves temporary water weight gain when you’re feeling bloated or waterlogged.*
Mood & Stress Management
- Stress Ease Cinnamon: Relieves stress and irritability, while promoting relaxation.*
- Cup of Sunshine®: Promotes good mood.*
- Chamomile with Lavender: Settles your nervous system and relaxes your digestive system; especially good when stressed or tense.*
- Nighty Night: Helps you relax and get a good night’s sleep.*
- Nighty Night Valerian: Helps you mellow out and get a good night’s sleep, with the added bonus of valerian.*
Once you pick your favorite teas, it’s easy to store them in a make-up bag or envelope and include them in your carry-on luggage. Once you start traveling with a few herbal allies in tow, you’ll make your getaways the respite you’ve been waiting for, without missing a beat!