Traditional Medicinals® (TM) is a growing, financially sound, 43 year old herbal wellness company based in Rohnert Park, CA (Sonoma County). TM manufactures 59 varieties of herbal, medicinal tea in its solar powered Sebastopol, CA manufacturing facility. Traditional Medicinals® is proud to be the number one medicinal, organic, and fair trade herbal tea company in North America. In 1974 TM pioneered the herbal medicinal tea category and over the years has grown to become the fifth largest bagged tea company in the US. Its products are distributed nationally across 70,000 retail outlets in North America in all channels from health and natural foods stores (Whole Foods), to every major grocery chain, to mass market retailers (Target & Walmart), and drug stores (CVS, Walgreens, Rite Aid).
TM is an independent, intensely mission driven company with a planning horizon extending beyond the next generation. For 43 years the Company has been a pioneer in an emerging social business model. The Company purchases 107 different herbs from 37 different countries on six continents. The company invests over $1.0MM annually in these herbal growing communities on community engagement projects. Today, over 1,000 children attend a TM school in India where the Company has built the building, supplied the teachers, daily hot meals, uniforms, and a bike to get there. TM was recently recognized as one of the top 10% of all Benefit (B) Corporations in the world. The concept of a triple bottom line, focusing on people, planet, & profit, is part of the Company’s mission and the basis for its success over the past 43 years.
We have a manufacturing and warehousing operation based in Sebastopol, CA, which is 65 miles north of San Francisco, and a beautiful new office in Rohnert Park, CA which lies 45 miles north of San Francisco in the center of scenic Sonoma County.
Reports to: Customer Service Manager
Summary: The Customer Service Rep 1 is responsible for processing orders in a timely and efficient manner. This position handles heavy data entry and administration of orders for Traditional Medicinals Herbal Supplement products.Â This position is also responsible for coordinating order discrepancy resolution, working in conjunction with the 3PL (3rd Party Logistics) and Customer Service Staff.Â Other duties include maintaining order status information; provide order status reports, documentation of order transactions, and resolution of general order status questions or issues.
Basic Duties Include:
- Data Entry of Customer Purchase Orders
- Checks inventory to make sure requested product is available
- Computes price and any appropriate discounts
- Verifies customer information is correct and up-to-date
- Informs customer of shipping date and any possible delays
- Notifies appropriate department of order and shipping date
- Reviews orders for accuracy and completion
- Other duties as assigned or required
Detailed Duties Include:
- Receive and review orders through Order Queues, EDI, Fax or Email
- Review/Proof all orders for the following (Complete and Compliant):
- Ship To
- Bill To
- RSM (Regional Sales Manager)
- Requested Shipping and Delivery Dates
- Product Information
- Shipping Requirements
- Resolve any quote/order questions with Customer Service Staff.
- Works with Accounting to release orders on hold
- Maintain quote/order Pending Processing files/reports and ensure timely processing by following up with questions and actions to enable processing.
- Receive and process order acknowledgements. Check acknowledgements for ship date/arrival date meeting expectations, quantities, pricing and matching purchase order issued.
- Enter acknowledgement info to appropriate system
- Input orders accurately and in a timely fashion, and communicate to customers/brokers/RSM’s about all inconsistencies with orders
- Hold orders as required by Accounting for credit issues
- Notify all concerned parties about out of stock quantities on orders and advise when product will be back in stock.
- Manage and administrate the resolution of order discrepancies including pricing, ship dates, and quantities. Involve sales representatives as appropriate.
- Research and resolve customer order issues
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience in ERP Order Entry Module
- Strong customer service background
- Accounting and Order Entry Skills are mandatory
- Extreme attention to detail; high level of accuracy
- Strong in Time Management and Organizational skills
- Proficient with Excel, Outlook, and Word applications
- Familiarity with PowerPoint, Access, Visio. Skills are desired but not required
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Able to multi-task in a dynamic and growing business environment
- Minimum 2 years post high school education
- 3 years minimum experience in customer service, order administration /management
- Minimum 3 years Customer Service background
- Food distribution industry background helpful
- Skilled working closely with Operations and Sales Support Team
Requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and vision to record, prepare and communicate within the office environment. Requires hearing within normal range for telephone use.
Typical Mental Demands:
Must understand vague implicit instructions, and react favorably in all work situations. Ability to give, receive and analyze information, determines accuracy and appropriateness for various situations, and responds efficiently and professionally.
Must be able to communicate effectively with people. Ability to balance multiple task while under high pressure.
If you are interested in the position, please email your resume and application to RECRUITING@TRADMED.COM.