Traditional Medicinals® (TM) is a growing, financially sound, 43 year old herbal wellness company based in Rohnert Park, CA (Sonoma County). TM manufactures 59 varieties of herbal, medicinal tea in its solar powered Sebastopol, CA manufacturing facility. Traditional Medicinals® is proud to be the number one medicinal, organic, and fair trade herbal tea company in North America. In 1974 TM pioneered the herbal medicinal tea category and over the years has grown to become the fifth largest bagged tea company in the US. Its products are distributed nationally across 70,000 retail outlets in North America in all channels from health and natural foods stores (Whole Foods), to every major grocery chain, to mass market retailers (Target & Walmart), and drug stores (CVS, Walgreens, Rite Aid).
TM is an independent, intensely mission driven company with a planning horizon extending beyond the next generation. For 43 years the Company has been a pioneer in an emerging social business model. The Company purchases 107 different herbs from 37 different countries on six continents. The company invests over $1.0MM annually in these herbal growing communities on community engagement projects. Today, over 1,000 children attend a TM school in India where the Company has built the building, supplied the teachers, daily hot meals, uniforms, and a bike to get there. TM was recently recognized as one of the top 10% of all Benefit (B) Corporations in the world. The concept of a triple bottom line, focusing on people, planet, & profit, is part of the Company’s mission and the basis for its success over the past 43 years.
We have a manufacturing and warehousing operation based in Sebastopol, CA, which is 65 miles north of San Francisco, and a beautiful new office in Rohnert Park, CA which lies 45 miles north of San Francisco in the center of scenic Sonoma County.
Title: Quality Assurance Manager
Department: Quality Assurance
Reports to: Director of QA/QC
Summary: The Quality Assurance Manager is responsible for managing daily operations of the Quality Assurance department, setting and communicating priorities to staff, and supporting daily operations of Quality Control and Production departments.
Basic Duties Include:
- Ensures continuous improvement and effectiveness of the quality management system
- Develops quality assurance plans by conducting GMP internal audits
- Prepares quality documentation and reports
- Member of site development group with primary responsibility for quality recommendations regarding laboratory and factory design
- Hire, manage, and develop Quality Assurance staff and to support the company’s goals and objectives. Conduct employee performance evaluations; assist in setting goals and objectives in alignment with the overall company goals and objectives
Detailed Duties Include:
- Provide oversight and input into the relevant quality systems and standards including: change control, documentation systems, Quality procedures, standards, and policies, product complaint management, internal and external audit programs, CAPAs Corrective Action and Preventative Action, Material Review Boards, and Vendor Risk Management
- Routinely review the GAP analysis resulted from internal audit and address compliances with appropriate team members
- Manage final review and approval of Master Batch Records, Manufacturing Batch Records, Product Release, SOPs, Change Control Documentation, Audit Reports, Validation Documentation, Product Specifications, R&D Testing Protocols, and Supplier Qualifications
- Maintains and improves product quality by completing product, company, system, compliance, and surveillance audits; investigating customer complaints; collaborating with other members of management to develop new product and engineering designs, and manufacturing and training methods
- Support and participate in the Company’s project teams and assist with project scheduling to assure that timelines and deadlines are met efficiently and economically
- Provide regular updates and recommendations to VP of Technical Services regarding the status of quality objectives, projects, and goals
- Develop and conduct appropriate cGMP 21 CFR part 111 training and compliance for all levels of personnel involved in the manufacturing and release of raw materials and final product
- Validates quality processes by establishing product specifications and quality attributes; measuring production; documenting evidence; determining operational and performance qualification; writing and updating quality assurance procedures
- Collect, analyze and summarize information and trends including failed processes, stability studies, recalls, corrective actions, and re-validations. Ensure accurate response and documentation of non-conformances and the implementation of appropriate corrective action plans
- Manage third party inspections and audits, including regulatory inspections, findings and follow-up
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong knowledge of CFR 111 is required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage and develop quality staff
- Knowledge of statistical analysis is required
- Proficient in MS Office application
- Knowledge of Quality Management System is desirable
- BS in scientific discipline, graduate degree preferred
- Minimum 7 years progressive responsibility in pharmaceutical or dietary supplement industry in a QA leadership role
If you are interested in the position, please email your resume and application to RECRUITING@TRADMED.COM.
Title: Graphic Designer
Reports To: Production Artist
Traditional Medicinals is currently seeking a junior-level Graphic Designer to join our team! The Graphic Designer will work with senior creative staff on a range of ambitious and innovative projects, contributing throughout the entire creative process to create impactful designs that capture and sell our company vision while maintaining brand guidelines. S/he will help drive the creative direction of campaigns and help the team produce the best work possible.
The ideal candidate will be highly creative with a sharp eye for detail, have an understanding of typography, layout, and animation, and must be willing to learn graphic production. We are seeking a candidate with up to three years’ of experience who is eager to develop their skills in a collaborative environment.
The specific details of the Graphic Designer’s role will vary depending on the task, but common activities include:
- Understanding project requirements and concepts
- Managing multiple projects and deadlines
- Using various techniques to create drafts, models and prototypes
- Producing final design solutions (e.g. web assets, banners, sell sheets, etc.)
- Collaboration with team members to launch designs
- Final production tasks such as color correction, mechanical creation (i.e. digital pre-press)
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Highly creative with a sharp eye for visual detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A solid understanding of graphic production and willingness to learn more
- Understanding of project management using Basecam
- Adeptness in Adobe CC software (e.g. Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Acrobat)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Creativity skills and problem-solving aptitude with a keen eye for detail
- The ability to see projects through from inception to production
- Consistency regardless of project size and medium used
- Excellent organization and the ability to work in a team environment
- The willingness to listen to feedback and use it to improve
Up to three years’ experience as a Graphic Designer.
If you are interested in the position, please submit a cover letter, resume and digital design samples or online portfolio/website to RECRUITING@TRADMED.COM.