Supply Network Planner – ID 259
Reports To: Director of Supply Chain Planning
The Supply Network Planner is responsible for managing the Master Production Schedule (MPS) for finished goods across internally and co-manufactured products. Balances the finished goods inventory with the sales forecast to support inventory targets, customer service levels, and manufacturing capacity through the use of Microsoft Dynamics AX, Power BI, Bix Analytics tools and Excel.
The Supply Network Planner will facilitate weekly supply review meetings with cross functional team members and lead efforts to implement standard processes for the Master Production Scheduling function. They will initiate the development of process improvements and work collaboratively with impacted organizational stakeholders to drive implementation.
To accomplish the company’s goals, the Supply Network Planner will be expected to actively engage with internal stakeholders to support a variety of demands and projects. The emphasis of the Supply Network Planner role will be on providing the organization with both a short and long-range view (up to 60 months) of production requirements, operational utilization and finished goods inventory levels.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Retrieves and organizes future requirements, production, and inventory data to support demand and replenishment strategies.
- Develop an 18 month Master Production Plan that meets sales (existing products, new products, seasonal pre-builds), manufacturing capabilities, and other supply chain requirements. Delivers on inventory targets, cost, and Case fill rate.
- Develop long-range capacity utilization outlook to support sales forecast & inventory goals. Balance and optimize capacity utilization taking into consideration the sales forecast, historical sales and potential sales opportunities.
- Develop capacity and network supply views to communicate Supply position to business stakeholders. Identify any risk proactively along with network opportunities/options.
- Drive collaborative weekly capacity/ supply meetings with key cross-functional teams to identify and correct areas of concern to ensure a continuous supply of production
- Expedites production, build contingency or mitigation supply plans and addresses availability and service issues with supply organizations and key stakeholders. Including assisting with decision making around prioritization of production/plant capacity
- Develop capacity utilization/supply scenarios when required
- Participate in all commercialization activities and manage launch ready items into 1st production.
- Acts as the back-up for Plant Schedulers should the need arise.
- Performs miscellaneous analysis reports in Excel/ Power BI as requested.
- 5 + years of experience in Master Scheduling, Purchasing, Planning, or Materials Management
- Subject Matter Expertise (SME) in supply planning from strategy development through implementation.
- Broad knowledge of materials, planning, product allocation, master scheduling and manufacturing processes.
- Experience as the system owner of the master planning modules in an ERP/MRP, preferable Microsoft Dynamics AX, with an understanding of how to best apply the tools for sound decision-making.
- Demonstrated ability to initiate, maintain, and improve organizational processes.
- Ideally, this person will be coachable and promotable and have an eye towards both strategy and execution to prepare for vertical or horizontal opportunities in the future.
- Demonstrated ability to navigate in a high growth environment while managing ambiguity.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and deploy industry best practices for the function.
- Experience in participating and contributing to building and maintaining a high-performance collaborative culture.
- Background in dealing with an array of complex issues, and a track record of creative problem solving
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a related field (Business, Materials Management or Supply Chain Management required). APICS certification is a plus.
- Energetic and enthusiastic
- Fully engaged
- Problem solver
- Soft approach but has organizational courage, using it as appropriate
- Approachable and diplomatic
- Strong interpersonal and negotiating skills
- Strong motivational and leadership skills
- Views supply planning as a service within the organization that supports Sales, R&D/Innovation, Manufacturing, and ultimately the end customer
- Flexible and adaptable to changing business conditions
- Understands when to be strategic and when to dig in to get things done
- Resourceful and self-sufficient – understands how to execute with the resources of a company this size
- Proactive in attitude and action, but gets buy-in from key stakeholders in the process
- Has a demonstrated acumen for trying new things and managing change in terms of pace, the need for balance, communication, and relationship building
- Appreciative and respectful of the organizational history and how changes impact people
- Holds themselves accountable to key deadlines and commitments made.
- Sensible yet data driven decision maker
- Ability to analyze business problems from both a qualitative and quantitative perspective
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to think innovatively
- A passion for advancing customer expectations
- Passionate believer of visual metrics and focused KPIs
- Well organized and accurate with details
- Highly creative and out of the box thinking
Ability to meet minimum physical requirements to work in a manufacturing environment, including but not limited to: the ability to sit, stand for two or more hours at a time, the ability to operate a computer and office equipment and the ability to lift up to 20 pounds throughout the day
Apply For This Position:Apply now