Senior Procurement Specialist – ID 297
Reports To: Director, Procurement
This role entails supporting the rapid growth of the company and the dynamic supply chain needs that the growth is driving. The Senior Procurement Specialist will be responsible for ensuring all of the raw materials needed to support the business are procured for use, as forecasted through production planning. This role will also work with the R&D and Innovation teams to help source raw materials for new product development. In addition to supporting these departments, this role will work collaboratively with other internal and external stakeholders to ensure the sourcing needs for the larger business are met.
The right candidate will participate in the efficient execution of Traditional Medicinals Packaging and Indirect Supply procurement strategy, vendor management, and day-to-day execution of packaging/indirect supply purchasing related transactions domestically. The Senior Procurement Specialist will work with the procurement team to ensure the company obtains goods and services at the best possible price in a manner that supports the operational needs of the business. To accomplish the company’s goals, the Senior Procurement Specialist will be expected to actively engage with both internal and external stakeholders to support various projects by procuring requested materials and providing alternative guidance when necessary. The emphasis of the procurement effort will be on quality and availability, but will obviously keep a keen eye on price and other organizational goals such as sustainability objectives and ethical sourcing strategies.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Actively participate with high performing cross functional teams to deliver on the procurement of innovative raw materials.
- Provide constructive guidance to ensure that new product development is utilizing materials that can be readily available or sourced.
- Work collaboratively with other team members to provide needed support to ensure that all of the business procurement needs are met.
- Maintain and improve long-standing relationships with key supply chain partners and drive new strategic supplier relationships where appropriate and needed.
- Work cross-functionally to identify, qualify, and integrate new suppliers into the TM supply network.
- Ensure current contractual agreements (e.g. Memorandum of Understanding, Supplier Agreements, NDAs, Quality Assurance Documentation, etc.) are in place and enforced.
- Ensure Purchase Agreements/Purchase Orders are executed in a timely manner, are correct, and deliveries are monitored for accuracy.
- Confirm that all financial obligations are accurately managed.
- In coordination with Planning, assure that TM, and its co-manufacturing partners, are sufficiently supplied with the right materials for scheduled production at all times.
- Act as the departmental liaison in collaboration with other functional teams on key projects and company initiatives.
- Manage both day-to-day transactions and long-term vendor relations.
- Identify areas of process improvement within the supply chain, demand planning, and manufacturing. Manage the procurement and delivery process to avoid stock outs of materials.
- Heavily involved in identifying future supply.
- Drive cost reduction without sacrificing quality or availability.
- Provide timely and regular purchasing communications with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Own the efficient deployment and operation of key purchasing and vendor management systems in alignment with operational and accounting systems.
- Ensure that purchasing and strategic sourcing resources are properly managed to maximize working capital initiatives.
- At least five years of overall experience, the majority of which involves directly managing the daily activities of a purchasing function.
- Experience in sourcing packaging and indirect supplies for use in food or dietary supplement production.
- Demonstrated ability to initiate, maintain, and improve organizational processes.
- Ideally, this person will be coachable and promotable and have an eye towards both strategy and execution to prepare for vertical or horizontal opportunities in the future.
- Proven ability to help scale a business through supporting the development of dynamic procurement and strategic sourcing initiatives.
- Demonstrated ability to navigate in a high growth environment while managing ambiguity.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and deploy industry best practice processes for the function.
- Subject Matter Expertise (SME) in Purchasing from strategy through implementation.
- Experience as being the system owner of the purchasing modules in an ERP/MRP, preferable Microsoft Dynamics AX, with an understanding of how to best apply the tools for sound decision-making.
- Experience in participating and contributing to building and maintaining a high-performance collaborative culture.
- Strong background in dealing with an array of complex ingredients.
- Working knowledge of international commerce is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a related field (business, agriculture). MBA preferred
- Energetic and enthusiastic.
- Fully engaged.
- Problem solver.
- Soft approach but has organizational courage, using it as appropriate.
- Approachable and diplomatic.
- Strong interpersonal and negotiating skills.
- Strong motivational and leadership skills.
- Views Strategic Procurement as a service within the organization that supports Sales, R&D/Innovation, Manufacturing, and ultimately the end customer.
- Flexible and adaptable to changing business conditions.
- Strong financial acumen with particular emphasis on budgeting and cost accounting.
- Understands when to be strategic and when to dig in to get things done.
- Resourceful and self-sufficient – understands how to execute with the resources of a company this size.
- Proactive in attitude and action, but gets buy-in from key stakeholders in the process.
- Has a demonstrated acumen for trying new things and managing change in terms of pace, the need for balance, communication, and relationship building.
- Appreciative and respectful of the organizational history and how changes impact people.
- Holds themselves accountable to key deadlines and commitments made.
- Sensible yet data driven decision maker.
- Ability to analyze business problems from both a qualitative and quantitative perspective.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to think innovatively.
- A passion for advancing customer expectations.
- Passionate believer of visual metrics and focused KPIs.
- Well organized and accurate with details.
- Highly creative and out of the box thinking.
- Ability to periodically travel both domestically and internationally.
- Ability to meet minimum physical requirements to work in a manufacturing environment, including but not limited to: the ability to sit, stand for two or more hours at a time, the ability to operate a computer and office equipment and the ability to lift up to 20 pounds throughout the day.
Apply For This Position:Apply now