Senior People Operations Leader – ID 258
Department: People Operations
Reports To: Chief People Officer
Reporting directly to the Chief People Officer, the Senior People Operations Leader acts as a key member of the People Operations Leadership (PLT) team and partners with cross-functional teams within TM with a primary focus on leaders and employees at TM’s Rohnert Park, CA, Burlington, VT, and remote locations. This role will provide day-to-day People Operations support including troubleshooting people issues while serving as an escalation point for their resolution. Additionally, the Senior People Operations Leader will serve as an employee relations expert who understands compliance, applicable laws & regulations and manages employee investigations across TM as needed. This role will support all recruiting & staffing needs for growth in alignment with TM’s strategic workforce planning. This role proactively works with the Centers of Expertise (COEs) within People Operations to co-create and implement effective people programs and technology which advance TM’s total employee experience, team development & performance, and People Operations’ strategic initiatives. Additionally, The Senior People Operations Leader will keep a pulse on employee engagement across TM to ensure the People Operations team is aware of and develops effective, data-driven people solutions. This role further supports the People Operations team by developing and administering various people programs, analytics, reports, and leading special projects as needed.
- Support the People Operations strategy and multi-year transformation as well as the build-up of a data-driven, analytics-oriented People Operations team that will support TM’s purpose, culture, and growth
- Create and bring modern solutions and fresh solutions for People Operations to the table, with the goals of maximizing employee experience and leadership effectiveness in Sebastopol
- Policy and process development to support the effective delivery of people programs and conduct trainings as necessary
- Timely administration of various people processes including: talent acquisition, worker’s compensation, health & safety, diversity & inclusion, performance management, learning & development, employee experience, total rewards, compliance, and culture initiatives
- Acts as a backup for processing payroll and ensure company compliance with federal, state, and local requirements
- Stays abreast, supports, and advocates for company compliance re: wage & hour, employee leave, and worker’s compensation compliance
- You will view your work through the lens of diversity and inclusivity, actively seeking opportunities to integrate people of all backgrounds and perspectives and identifying ways we can promote belonging across the organization
- Partner closely with business leaders and employees to ensure they are receiving the support they need and process changes are effectively communicated and trained
- Utilize a data-driven approach to identify trends and recommend people solutions that increase performance and retention
- Master’s degree in I/O psychology, economics, or a related field of study. SPHR designation preferred
- 10+ years of HR generalist experience in progress leadership roles in a manufacturing or production environments supporting a largely non-exempt workforce
- Knowledge and understanding of local, state, and federal employment laws, as well as industry trends and best HR practices
- Experience leading, coaching and mentoring others and managing multiple stakeholders on enterprise-level projects
- Experience presenting trends to peers and managers, highlighting data patterns that could be useful for making business decisions
- Great communication skills and the ability to effectively build relationships by establishing trust and credibility at all levels
- Strong project management, detail-oriented, and highly organized
- Organizational and problem solving skills, ability to deal with ambiguous situations
- Demonstrated ability to understand the business and its challenges
- Travel between TM’s locations is required
- Managerial Courage – Doesn’t hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and “actionable” positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
- Managing & Measuring Work – Clearly assigns responsibility for tasks and decisions; sets clear objectives and measures; monitors process, progress, and results; designs feedback loops into work.
- Organizational Agility – Knowledgeable about how organizations work; knows how to get things done both through formal channels and the informal network; understands the origin and reasoning behind key policies, practices, and procedures; understands the cultures of organizations.
- Process Management – Good at figuring out the processes necessary to get things done; knows how to organize people and activities; understands how to separate and combine tasks into efficient work flow; knows what to measure and how to measure it; can see opportunities for synergy and integration where others can’t; can simplify complex processes; gets more out of fewer resources.
- Customer Focus – Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
A Partnership With Other Teams:
The people operations team you’d be joining cares about our people for moral but also supremely practical reasons: people are our passion. As the company fastly grows, we’ve learned how to collaborate with our partners, and now we’re learning how to become more confident in using technology, data & insights to deliver on our employee value proposition and support our people leaders.
Our Culture and our Mission are our Special Ingredients:
First and foremost, we want someone who amplifies our culture, so that the company gets more, not less, idiosyncratic over time. We think of our culture almost like a product we build; we’re both thoughtful and deliberate in our approach.
Everyone Tills the Soil:
Of course, we’d need you to be a hard worker, because Traditional Medicinals is an, “everyone digs in” kind of company. We have a service mentality, where the people team serves employees. We believe in civility and respect. However, we expect you to say what’s hard or unpopular even when folks disagree; this is part of how we figure things out, and it’s especially important for a successful People Operations team member.
Apply For This Position:Apply now