Senior 3 PL & Logistics Coordinator – ID 245
Department: Customer Service
Reports To: Director of Logistics
This role is responsible for the daily oversight and performance of our 3PL warehouse partners and transportation providers. The position manages all daily operations from order visibility to delivery throughout the Traditional Medicinals freight and warehousing network. This role will determine the most efficient and effective carrier at a competitive and advantageous cost.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage the performance of TM’s distribution centers and transportation providers by ensuring they have adequate resources, policies, procedures, systems, equipment, and staffing to meet TM’s business needs.
- Hold Distribution Centers and Transportation Providers accountable to meeting scorecard metric targets.
- Utilize knowledge, experience, and analytical skills to create a pipeline of ideas to continuously improve results; warehouse and supply chain costs, OS&D’s, inventory accuracy, on-time delivery, and order fulfillment.
- Actively monitors all customer deliveries. Continuously pursues opportunities to improve routing operations and reduced transportation cost.
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships with customers, carriers, and internal TM teammates.
- Pro-actively identifies problems and demonstrates the ability to implement the appropriate solutions.
- Plans and collaborates with the Distribution Centers to ensure future capacity and service requirements are achieved.
- Leads and participates in cross-functional projects such as new Distribution Center facility start-ups, the roll-out of new service offerings, and new product introductions.
- Monitors and approve all 3PL warehouse and freight invoices, resolving any discrepancies to ensure accuracy of service.
- Manages and reports to staff on the financial impacts and performance of the logistics function as it pertains to the prescribed responsibilities. May be assigned other duties or projects on an as-needed basis.
- The position operates primarily in an office environment but will occasionally be required to visit warehouses and transportation facilities as needed.
- As an often solo performer and direct representative of the company with outside service providers, the individual will need to demonstrate and maintain a professional demeanor at all times.
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in transportation or distribution center operations
- Demonstrates strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- ERP, WMS, and TMS experience required.
- Experience in all modes of transportation i.e. intermodal, rail, air, and parcel.
- Proficient in navigating carrier, warehouse, and customer portals/ websites.
- Financial competent in departmental budget creation and cost management.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong negotiation skills.
Bachelor’s degree preferred in Supply Chain, Logistics, Business Administrations, or related field
- Demonstrated ability to manage vendor/ business relationships.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including excellent oral and written communication.
- Organization, flexibility, and attention to detail.
- History and desire for personal growth and development.
- Proven process improvement.
- Office environment with occasional visits to warehousing operations.
- Must get along well with others and be a “team player” both within the department and with other functions inside and outside of the organization.
Occasional Travel: Less than 15%
Apply For This Position:Apply now