Sales Trade Planner – ID 216
Reports To: Director of Sales Services
The Sales Trade Planner will assist in company’s efforts to collect, analyze, and interpret the volume and spending associated with our go-to-market promotional plans. This key member of the sales team will act as an administrator for the company’s Trade Promotion software, assist in keeping RSMs plans current, support the annual Trade Planning process, and report findings on volume and spending to the organization.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Act as the primary point of contact for the Sales team as it relates to planning and updating trade events
- Responsible for the maintenance and changes needed to the AFS Trade Pro System to keep it up to date
- Analyze, track and assist sales managers with adjustment of volume and spending assumptions
- Create and update standardized reports using raw data and provide ad-hoc reporting Performs pricing and promotion analysis using syndicated, internal, and customer data sources
- Develop and create trade tracking tools combining both sales projections and trade allocation to compare to past promotion executions
- Act as the lead training resource for users of the AFS Trade Pro system
Additional Duties & Responsibilities
- Understand the functions and capabilities within AFS Trade Pro to track and forecast for effective trade spend
- Work with Sales Managers to gain knowledge of customer planning process, CPG pricing and promotion execution processes
- Collaborate with internal IT and finance teams on maintaining customer, pricing and item data
Minimum Qualifications Required
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3+ years relevant experience in CPG sales, marketing, or trade marketing; preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Power Point and Excel. Experience with IRI, Nielsen, AFS Trade Pro, and pricing/trade analytics, preferred Experience with a CPG trade management system
Job Setting/Social Conditions/Environmental
Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently with minimal supervision.
Leadership Competencies/Behaviors Required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
Travel up to 10%
Apply For This Position:Apply now