Relief Machine Operator – ID 255
Reports To: Production Supervisor
The Relief Machine Operator will be responsible for performing various tasks to set up, operate, monitor, troubleshoot and perform preventive maintenance on assigned machines. This person will also be responsible for inspecting parts to specifications and making adjustments, or tool changes as necessary to maintain quality specifications.
3rd shift: Monday-Friday, 12:00 am – 8:30 am (Saturday work may be required)
- Provide support and/or operate tea bagging machine.
- Provide support and/or operate case packing equipment.
- Provide support for utility operators.
- Perform material handling duties as necessary.
- Perform proper machine set-up procedures; including oiling of machine, loading of components and machine cleaning at product changeover.
- Perform product checks (construction of tea bags, weights, and lot numbers) and record necessary information on batch record form. Pull quality samples as needed.
- Ability to use real time information system (Red Zone).
- Maintain activity logs (cleaning/sanitation/scale calibration).
- Replace defective tea bags with good tea bags; rework damaged cartons from line.
- Monitoring of IMA machine, ensuring quality of product, safe and efficient operation.
- Clean machine to GMP standards (at every changeover or at the end of the week).
- Ability to troubleshoot machine problems and fix in a timely manner.
- Rotate work stations as necessary and operate the case packing machines.
- Assist in the training of new machine operators as necessary.
- Follow company policies and procedures, safety and GMP procedures, wear smocks, hair nets, beard nets, latex gloves, safety glasses and ear-plugs as required.
- Responsible for monitoring case packing and sorting machines.
- Verify batch numbers and quality of cartons.
- Complete case packer inspection form for cartons and cases.
- Ability to work with HMI systems.
- Enters product information on case packing and sorting machines using HMI.
- Changes labels and ribbon on labeling machines.
- Fills glue stations as needed.
- Able to troubleshoot and fix minor case packer and sorter problems.
- Palletize product onto pallets.
- Maintain work area clean.
- Cleans case packing machine at start of shift including wiping down sensors on case packers and sorting machines.
- Set up and load big bag carts in the Mezzanine area.
- Clean, sanitize the mezzanine equipment.
- Set up and deliver component carts to the IMA machines.
- Weigh out components, and return components back to the staging area during product changeover.
- Responsible for rework activities.
- Weigh rejected components.
- Operate IMA machines during breaks, lunch, at product change over and for absent employees.
- Perform data transaction using AX system with handheld device and on PC.
- Two + years production experience preferred
- Must be mechanically inclined
- Speaking/reading/writing English skills as well as basic math are required
- Attention to detail, good communication skills, team player, and ability to follow directions
- Good communication, writing and math skills
- Equipment operation experience
- Forklift experience is a plus.
Physical Requirements for Essential Elements of Position:
- Be stationary and/or walk on even surfaces for 3 hour increments (up to 8 hours total) over the course of the work day.
- Move and carry up to 30 lbs., multiple times an hour, as duties above require throughout the day.
- Lift and stack finished case boxes, approximately 1 pound repeatedly over the course of the work day (boxing station).
- Position self repeatedly (kneel, bend, squat) over the course of the day to perform the duties outlined.
- Reach above the head repeatedly throughout the day to clean, adjust machinery and equipment.
- Ascend/descend ladders to periodically clean machinery and equipment.
- Push/Pull up to 25 lbs. using pallet jacks, herb sack carts, and other material handling tools.
- Use keyboards and other electronic equipment such as computers, bar code guns, and portable printers repeatedly over the course of the work day.
This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions and does not restrict management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Apply For This Position:Apply now