Quality Assurance Supplier Specialist, Innovation – ID 280
Department: Quality Assurance
Reports To: Quality Assurance Manager
This position is responsible for qualifying and managing supplier quality in collaboration with Procurement and the Director of Supplier Quality. The focus of the job will be on suppliers for innovation projects, but with responsibility for all botanical suppliers. Specifically the position is responsible for implementing the supplier quality management program and ensuring that suppliers conform with Traditional Medicinals quality standards including required certifications.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Audit and assess new suppliers, focusing on key botanical suppliers according to the supplier quality management program.
- Monitor, track and trend supplier quality performance, issue supplier corrective action requests as needed.
- Ensure timely completion of corrective actions.
- Maintain accurate botanical specifications in collaboration with document control.
- Assist in the development of and maintenance of supplier quality scorecards.
- Drive quality for assigned suppliers by creating supplier action plans and implementing.
- Review and manage all supplier documentation required by the supplier quality system program.
- Serve as a PCQI for Traditional Medicinals.
- Interact with procurement and innovation teams, attend supply meetings, innovation working group meetings as required.
- Minimum 5-7 years experience in supplier management and/or supplier quality assurance.
- Minimum 5 years progressive quality assurance experience in a food or dietary supplement manufacturer.
- Minimum 3 years experience supplier quality management.
- BA or BS required. Degree in a scientific field preferred.
- Food safety knowledge and training required.
- Knowledge of Food Safety, Food Defense, FSMA, cGMP 21 CFR 117 required. Knowledge of 21 CFR 111 preferred.
- Auditor certification a plus.
- Familiarity with electronic document systems a plus.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrable analytical skills.
- Effective problem identification and problem solving skills. Detail oriented.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Able to work equally well with internal customers and external suppliers. Ability to influence others and lead small teams/projects.
- Able to coordinate multiple projects or tasks at one time.
- Domestic travel required up to 20% of the time.
Apply For This Position:Apply now