QC Supervisor – ID 247
Reports To: QA Manager
The QC Supervisor supervises QC laboratory staff in their day-to-day responsibilities and manages the turnaround of incoming ingredients and finished goods in a timely manner. Ensures that QC Analysts and Associates are properly trained and qualified to perform their job functions and that they understand and comply with current company, departmental and regulatory requirements. Is part of a small team responsible for the review of test results and documentation and the release of raw materials and finished products. Serves as a backup to the QC Lab Manager.
This position directly supervises a team of 4-6. The Supervisor will establish monthly one-on-one meetings with direct reports. He/She will be responsible for conducting annual performance evaluations of direct reports that will be reviewed by the QC Lab Manager and delivered to People Operations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Supervises and schedules day-to-day activities of QC personnel.
- Ensures timely inspection, testing, and disposition of QC samples; including ingredients, packaging components, blends, finished products, and R&D materials.
- Provides QC leadership in resolving technical problems, process deviations, Quality investigations, and corrective actions.
- Ensures QC staff is trained on process changes.
- Works closely with Operations and Planning to understand production priorities and adjust lab priorities as needed.
- Ongoing assessment of current lab operations with an eye towards continuous improvement.
- Will be assigned as project lead on QC or cross-functional projects.
- Assists in data collection and analysis of QC metrics.
- Generates or revises controlled documents such as SOPs and data forms.
Minimum Qualifications Required
- BA or BS in a scientific discipline. Graduate degree preferred.
- Five years of QC or QA experience. 2 years of supervisory experience or management.
- QA/QC experience in a dietary supplement, food, or pharma laboratory. Lean training a plus
- This role has a high demand on productivity. In addition to supervision of staff activity, each day there are many records and results to review, dispositions to process in the ERP system, logs to update, and communications to make and respond to with other departments. Requires the ability to prioritize tasks effectively and in concert with external input.
- Proven understanding of Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Must be proficient in computer skills of using Microsoft Office
- Must be fluent in English, bilingual in Spanish helpful
- The job setting is in a manufacturing facility and offsite warehouse. All employees entering the manufacturing floor must have long pants, closed toe shoes, and no jewelry. Primarily he/she will be located in the laboratory. Occasionally he/she will be asked to attend meetings/trainings at the corporate office in Rohnert Park.
- He/She must provide leadership and support to QC staff. Must represent Quality in communications with other departments and in in-person meetings.
- This position will require occasional travel between our Santa Rosa warehouse and the manufacturing facility. As needed, he/she will have to travel mid-day to the corporate office in Rohnert Park.
Apply For This Position:Apply now