Production Shift Supervisor, 1st Shift – ID 294
Reports To: Production Manager
Responsible for the day-to-day supervision of production personnel to achieve required production and quality standards in a safe, efficient, and effective manner and for promoting and maintaining positive working relationships within the production group. In addition, the Shift Supervisor is responsible for ensuring all employees comply with company policies, as well as safety and GMP procedures.
- Trains and develops employees to meet operating, safety, and quality requirements within the department.
- Leader of the employees on the shift. Understands priorities and is able to succinctly communicate with the shift team.
- Establishes key accountabilities within the shift team. Holds employees accountable while always showing respect for the person.
- Leads and participates in Kaizens to improve operating performance.
- Excellent communication skills, both with the shift team and with Senior Leadership
- Understands inventory flow and associated procedures necessary to keep the shift running. Able to diagnose and correct process problems.
- Understands the purpose and procedures associated with all Production paperwork. Able to diagnose and correct process problems.
- Familiar with principles of operation for all equipment used in the facility.
- Leads and participates in Root cause trouble shooting. Responsible for documenting process deviations, performing appropriate investigations, providing and executing corrective action and preventative action plans.
- Responsible for ensuring all production personnel is trained on properly operating the equipment, GMP, safety, new processes, new systems, etc.
- Conducts performance evaluations, coaches employees and recommends improvement plans.
- Tracks employee’s attendance in timekeeping system, makes changes as requested, adds PTO time, prints timecards and submits to People Ops.
- Ensures Safety and exercise programs are enforced daily.
- Performs any and all other assigned tasks.
- Associate’s Degree or greater
- Computer literate with skill in Microsoft Office, RedZone, and MS AX.
- Proven track record demonstrating ability to lead people and get results.
- Proven track record of using focused problem solving, Kaizens, to prioritize and improve operational performance.
- Understands basic tools for Root cause trouble shooting…. 5S, fishbone, etc.
- Requires at least three years of supervisory experience that includes demonstrated operational improvement on their shift.
- Must be able to communicate at all levels of the organization; possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be well organized with attention to detail, and the ability to follow directions with minimal supervision.
- Working knowledge of cGMP and/or Food Safety regulations
- Bilingual a plus
- Ability to stand/walk 8 hrs per day depending on shift
- Ability to lift upwards up to 10 lbs. throughout the day
- Must be able to lift or carry 1 – 17 lbs. (frequently).
- Ability to lift upwards of 5lbs 3 times / hour; up to 25 lbs 1 – 2 times a day
- Able to lift 50 lbs. to waist level
- Must be comfortable wearing protective gear for eyes, ears and breathing
- Ability to work in a warehouse environment
- First Shift: Monday – Friday 7:00am to 3:30pm
- Occasional Saturday work.
- Employees might be required to work overtime based on production needs.
Apply For This Position:Apply now