Plant Engineer – ID 302
Reports To: Manager, Maintenance & Engineering
The Plant Engineer will provide engineering support for the entire Sebastopol Plant operation including production, equipment, and buildings and grounds to the facilities in Sebastopol. This position requires exceptional technical curiosity, organizational and detail skills, a problem-solving approach, and a firm grasp of the production process as well as the ability to work closely with production employees to understand and improve the way we control our process. This position is located at the Sebastopol facility.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Follow, monitor, and ensure compliance with all safety, food safety, environmental, GMP rules, regulations, and policies as it relates to section 111 of the FDA guideline.
- Generate deliverables required for execution of projects/initiatives including but not limited to: project schedules, resource plans, technical specifications, and budgets; specifications for instrumentation, hardware, software, and interfaces; documentation.
- Process design & detail engineering including performing process simulations, design calculations, process optimization, sizing & selection of equipment.
- Process documents such as process descriptions, P&ID’s, PFD’s, process specifications, equipment specifications, cause & effect diagrams, safe operating limits, shutdown philosophies, operational procedures, and functional narratives.
- Work to incorporate safety, regulatory, and environmental requirements, and lean manufacturing principles into each project as it is defined and executed.
- Lead all process safety reviews and requirements from an engineering perspective.
- Identify risks and propose mitigation strategies to ensure timely completion of projects to agreed-upon success criteria.
- Develop comprehensive and robust test plans for equipment and systems including safety features, interlocks, cause and effect matrices, etc. Ensure test plans are reviewed with stakeholders and executed rigorously. Document and archive all testing records, findings, and lessons learned.
- Track execution of projects to budget, quality and schedule objectives, identifying and promptly and proactively escalating any concerns, risks, changes or needs to project sponsor(s), stakeholders, and managers as needed.
- Collaborate frequently with internal and external stakeholders.
- Conduct effective meetings, design reviews and presentations with stakeholders.
- Prepare weekly summary report of activities, projects, and priorities including needs and risks for achievement of objectives to established standards and timelines.
- Perform necessary tasks and work hours needed to accomplish departmental and company goals.
- Attend daily GEMBA meetings.
- Travel between the Sebastopol and Rohnert Park facilities periodically.
- Provide technical support for plant processes and improvements.
- Communicate with Supervisors on a daily basis.
- Bachelor’s level degree in Engineering or related discipline and 3-5 years of work experience in a food/Beverage manufacturing environment
- Experience in capital project management, handling vendors and contractors
- Packaging industry experience
- Skills in MS Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint as well as various CAD software
- Familiar with using computerized maintenance management systems.
- High self-motivated and ability to perform with minimum supervision
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and oral and written communication skills
- Must be punctual, organized, motivated and detail oriented.
- Travel up to 10% as necessary
Apply For This Position:Apply now