Payroll & Rewards Specialist – ID 126
Department: People Operations
Reports To: Director, Total Rewards & People Operations Excellence
As a key member of the People Operations team, you will be responsible for leading and running payroll for 250+ exempt and non-exempt employees across sites in multiple states. You will also own handling regulatory reporting and filing to ensure that payroll and tax transactions are processed timely and accurately as well as other non-wage related items (e.g., taxable benefits and/or reimbursements, HSA, FSA, 401k, etc.). The Payroll & Rewards Specialist will also manage all employee changes and updates in the payroll, compensation, and benefits systems as needed including. Ensure E-Verify, “return to work”, and background check clearances.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain data integrity in TM’s payroll, compensation, benefits systems for existing and new employees in a timely manner.
- Ensure all People Operations invoices and bills are verified, coded, and processed accurately and timely.
- Coordinate health, life and disability insurance enrollments and communicate with service providers concerning routine administration of programs
- Manage statutory state updates and rates, and filings, including required labor postings in all US locations.
- Support and lead special initiatives as directed
- Ensure accurate taxation and garnishment is applied to each account.
- Participate in end-of-month closing and audits
- Conduct year-end reporting for W-2s etc.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage leave and disability administration, FMLA, state, disability insurance and support for employee questions supporting the Director, Total Rewards and the People Operations team as directed.
- Ensure FMLA, COBRA, and FLSA compliance by coordinating with a third-party administrators and the People Operations team as needed.
- Support and lead special initiatives and tasks as directed.
Minimum Qualifications Required
- 3 or more years’ experience working in payroll or similar role
- Significant experience working in multi-state payroll is required
- Excellent computer skills, including ADP Workforce Now payroll software and Microsoft Office
- Solid working knowledge of tax code
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills including an exceptional commitment to accuracy
- Customer-focused, team-player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail and ability to prioritize tasks
Bachelor’s degree required
Apply For This Position:Apply now