Operations Controller – ID 158
Reports To: Chief Financial Officer
To provide analytical support to the operations of the company, based on process understanding/improvement and utilizing metrics that drive decision-making and corrective actions to improve the accuracy, efficiency, effectiveness, use of capital and cost of operations. Implement operational accounting best practices and performance management tools. Reports to the Chief Financial Officer with a dotted line to Chief Operating Officer. A key member of the Finance Leadership Team and Supply Chain leadership team and supervises a Senior Cost Analyst.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Standard Costs
- Responsible for managing the standard cost process
- Responsible for managing and tracking co-man costs and guiding (through the Senior Cost Analyst) or directly preparing analysis for annual reviews of the co-man costs
- Provide cost estimates for new product innovation
- Operations Reporting, Planning and Analysis
- Design and implement performance management package
- Prepare internal reporting package including operating metrics, financial controls and performance indicators that will drive business performance and corrective action
- Perform operational and financial analysis and present findings and recommendation to Leadership team
- Develop methodologies to track/act upon manufacturing processes and operations metrics
- Develop financial modeling of annual budget and strategic plan to achieve cost objectives.
- Lead monthly discussions of results and rolling forecasts with production department managers
- Assist in streamlining business processes at business unit level to achieve business goals.
- Assist in preparation and evaluation of annual budgets.
- Provide guidance and direction to internal team for improving operational and financial performance.
- Develop, implement and lead ongoing cost reduction program
- Understand and ensure all production inventory movement transaction processes are operating and recording into the GL correctly.
- Assist operations and QC personnel troubleshoot issues with inventory transactions
- Monitor cycle count process and status of annual counts
- Assist auditors with cycle count observations
- Understand and ensure all parts inventory transactions are operating and recording into the GL correctly.
- Make recommendations for improvements to processing and tracking parts inventory
- Monitor inventory quarterly for excess, obsolescence and upcoming short dated inventory.
- Work with Operations personnel to limit inventory loss and mitigate risk of selling short dated product to customers.
- Analyze inventory reserve monthly and provide Accounting with monthly adjustment.
- Develop and implement operational and financial controls to achieve business objectives.
- Ensure business processes are in compliance with company policies
- Lead process improvements, implementing industry best practices
- Capital Expenditures
- Lead analysis on critical corporate projects such as adding a new manufacturing site – build vs lease, green-field vs brown-field, optimal volume for starting up, staged/phased implementation, impact to financial statements and covenants, etc.
- Preparing capital expenditure approval packages with ROI calculations and comparisons to alternatives, including “make vs buy/lease” type of analysis
- Tracking progress on projects and performing follow-up analysis on completed capex projects
- 10 years Cost Accounting/Operational Accounting experience in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to provide insight/analysis and decision support to influence people and outcomes
- Experience with data mining – with a business intelligence system and Data Warehouse
- Experience setting up metrics with corrective action process
- Proven capability to partner with Supply Chain leaders to deliver performance targets on safety, quality, service and cost
- Experience communicating effectively across all levels of management and all departments
- Educational Requirements: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, with a degree in Accounting, Finance or Information Systems
Other Skills, Knowledge, Abilities:
- Outstanding communication skills – both verbal and written
- Highly creative and analytical, curious, a fast learner and a quick-thinker
- Unquestionably proactive, with high initiative and drive for results
- Microsoft Dynamics experience a plus
- Advanced Excel skills
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects concurrently
- Very strong team-building skills
- Lean manufacturing and Value-Stream Mapping experience a plus
- CPA license a plus
Apply For This Position:Apply now