Manager, Plant Engineering & Maintenance Services – ID 114
Reports To: Director of Plant Operations
Scope & Responsibility:
This role is being deployed to support the rapid growth of the company and its application of new technologies and will be critical towards scaling the business. The Plant Engineering/Maintenance Manager will be responsible for managing all aspects of required Maintenance, location Engineering and Capital Project Management.
- Develops and directs the annual capital plan and budget for the Plant Operations. This includes the identification of needed capital projects to support TM’s business growth and cost of operational execution.
- Leads large-scale technical projects that are critical to the success of the facility. These projects will involve a multi-disciplinary approach that includes equipment knowledge, process engineering and construction, and will require coordination with multiple outside contractors and municipal entities.
- Manages the interface with key technology providers offering guidance on such things as design criteria/specifications, project timelines, performance standards and cost. Negotiates and oversees engineering contracts with vendors and service providers.
- Directly manages the daily activities of an 8-12 person maintenance staff, as well as a 2 person engineering staff. The scope of work includes: team and individual project assignments, establishing team metrics and goals, working cross-functionally within the organization, key staff development, and managing departmental budgets.
- Interfaces directly with other functional TM partners to meet the organization’s strategic goals of continuous improvement in operational cost, sustainability and environmental stewardship, wherever the applications of capital or technology solutions are required.
- Interfaces with the executive leadership team and plant management to identify project opportunities and to add input to problem solving.
- Develops and applies project management tools including but not limited to project charters, process maps, statistical analysis, and other applications to turn data into actionable information.
- Insures Plant equipment is available to run at specified capability during all scheduled time
- Deploys effective maintenance practices to facilitate 100% machine uptime. Includes Spare parts and Preventative maintenance strategy and execution.
- Establishes and monitors processes to insure expected performance using Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), using them to drive corrective actions and set continuous improvement priorities.
- Aligns Engineering’s departmental goals and objectives with the senior leadership’s long-term strategic plan for the company.
- A proven track record of successfully delivering large-scale projects providing capacity expansion, cost savings and quality improvement.
- Extensive experience with equipment and service provider selection.
- Familiarity with navigating federal, state and local environmental and building codes and the associated permitting processes.
- At least 5 years’ experience managing the engineering and maintenance department of a medium size company.
- Experience in the development of innovative technical processes in support of new product launches.
- Skilled in project management applications and reporting.
- Experience managing costs of a high-value project, partnering with Finance and Senior Leadership in project definition, justification and cost containment.
Bachelor’s degree in engineering or an applicable technical discipline. MBA or Masters in Engineering or Business is preferred.
- Fully engaged.
- Problem solver.
- Soft approach but has organizational courage, using it as appropriate.
- Approachable and diplomatic.
- Strong interpersonal and negotiating skills.
- Strong motivational and leadership skills.
- Views Engineering as a service organization in support of Manufacturing, Quality and ultimately the customer.
- Flexible and adaptable to changing business conditions.
- Ability to drive organizational improvement through goal setting and management of KPIs.
- Strong financial acumen with particular emphasis on budgeting cost.
- Understands when to be strategic and when to dig in to get things done.
- Resourceful and self-sufficient – understands how to execute with the resources of a company this size.
- Proactive in attitude and action, but gets buy-in from key stakeholders in the process.
- Has a demonstrated acumen for trying new things and managing change in terms of pace, the need for balance, communication, and relationship building.
- Appreciative and respectful of the organizational history and how changes impact people.
- Holds themselves accountable to key deadlines and commitments made.
- Sensible yet data driven decision maker.
- Ability to analyze business problems from both a qualitative and quantitative perspective.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to think innovatively.
- Ability to build and support strong cross-functional teams through management experience and coaching.
- Ability to grow direct reports through coaching and support.
- Passionate believer of visual metrics and focused KPIs.
- Well organized and accurate with details.
- Highly creative and out of the box thinking.
- Ability to travel up to 25%, both domestically and internationally.
- Ability to meet minimum physical requirements to work in a manufacturing environment, including but not limited to: the ability to sit, stand for two or more hours at a time, the ability to operate a computer and office equipment and the ability to lift up to 20 pounds throughout the day.
Compensation & Benefits
A competitive compensation & benefits package will be available to the ideal candidate.
Relocation resources will be available for the ideal candidate if needed.
Apply For This Position:Apply now