Maintenance & Engineering Procurement Specialist – ID 292
Reports To: Maintenance Manager
The Maintenance & Engineering Procurement Specialist will ensure that the supply chain needs of the Sebastopol Maintenance, Engineering, and facility departments are met in a timely and cost-effective manner. The M&E procurement Specialist will review costs, develop relationships with vendors and suppliers, and offer suggestions for where and how much material and supplies to buy.
- Main contact between M&E department and Finance.
- Accountable for Spare Parts Management and utilization (procuring, Receiving, Issuing, 5s).
- Compares prices amongst various vendors in order to make sound purchasing decisions
- Ensures that products are delivered in a timely manner, and that the quality of the goods received is satisfactory
- Negotiates with suppliers on price, mode of shipping, and delivery time
- Checks invoices for accuracy, and authorizes the accounts payable department to issue payment
- Inventories items in order to determine which ones need to be purchased
- Enters data concerning inventory and order amounts into a computer database
- Implement procurement processes to ensure efficiency, cost savings and best practices.
- Assist Vendor Manager in vendor selection, management and performance.
- Perform sourcing, liaising and negotiating with new and existing suppliers to improve business.
- Create documentations necessary for the acquisition of materials and services.
- Provide updates about procurement related progress and potential delays on a daily basis to the Maintenance team.
- Maintain positive working relationships with strategic suppliers to assure cost, quality, and delivery targets are met.
- Procurement-related or electronic Accounts Payable experience (Purchasing, expediting, or other order entry experience preferred)
- Familiar with maintenance practices and spare parts / inventory management
- Familiar with using computerized maintenance management systems.
- High self-motivated and the ability to perform with minimum supervision
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of Strategic Sourcing methodology is a plus.
- Must be punctual, organized, motivated and detail oriented.
- Experience working in a food/Beverage Manufacturing Facility.
- Bi-lingual in English/Spanish language preferred (writing, speaking, and reading)
Apply For This Position:Apply now