IT Helpdesk Specialist – ID 171
Reports To: IT Director of Business Systems & Project Management
This position assists IT Team with technical support of desktop computers, applications, and related technology. Support includes specification, installation, and testing of computer systems and peripherals within established standards and guidelines. Activities require interaction with application software and operating systems to diagnose and resolve unique, non-recurring problems. The position utilizes one-on-one consultancy to end users. The employee in this position also assists in the maintenance and testing of network servers, equipment and domains. The position’s responsibilities require independent analyses, communication and problem solving. Work is performed with little supervision and requires initiative and judgment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
The functions of this position include, but are not necessarily limited to, those specifically identified in this description. The position and its functions may change over time and these changes may not necessarily be reflected in the position description. The Company may, at its sole discretion, add to, change, or expand the essential or marginal functions of this position.
- Provide level 1 and level 2 support for end users
- Perform system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes and security configurations, directly, managed and remotely.
- Work with other functional IT areas to ensure that IT best practices, policies and procedures are practiced.
- Assist in the routine maintenance of network resources (Servers, Firewalls, Wireless, E-mail systems, VPN appliances, etc.)
- Maintain and manage Company’s local (LAN) and wide (WAN) area networks
- Limited administration of email system and network servers (new user accounts, security, etc.)
- Assist in managing Company’s telecommunication systems
- Provide systems training and on-going end-user software support
- Install and maintain Information Systems assets
- Maintain Information Systems documentation
- Stay abreast of technological developments to ensure that Company’s systems continue to be effective and efficient
- Create and maintain documentation on Information Systems procedures
- Demonstrated positive relationships with end users while responding to IT tickets and requests
- Work as part of a team on infrastructure projects for the implementation or upgrade of computer equipment and systems.
- Assist in all audits and maintain compliance.
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications Required:
- Experience supporting Microsoft Windows 7 & 10
- Strong working knowledge of MAC OSX, iOS and Android OS
- Basic knowledge of Active Directory
- Experience with Microsoft Windows Servers
- Working Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Working knowledge of Network infrastructure
- Experience with Remote Desktop support utilities
- Experience supporting various collaboration tools (Zoom, GTM, WebEx, etc.)
- College Degree or Equivalent combination of education and work experience or certification a plus
- Bi-lingual English and Spanish
- 2 years of experience with network systems
- Experience maintaining Avaya Office IP500 phone system
- Multi-site Virtualization and VMware experience
- Certification: Comptia A+, Network +, Microsoft MCP, MCITP
- Team player: Demonstrates cooperative spirit, respects professional boundaries and is successful at sharing responsibilities with others
- Self-led: Knows and completes responsibilities in assigned timelines, asks for clarifications when needed
- End User oriented: Works well with all (internal staff and external staff), promotes a positive image of the Company and works diligently to resolve issues
- Poised: able to maintain a calm, positive and constructive attitude during interactions with diverse populations, sometimes in challenging situations
- Ethical: Honest, accountable, maintains confidentiality
- Decisive: Thoughtful when considering options, seeks input from others, makes difficult decisions when necessary
- Knowledgeable: Understands facets of job, keeps job knowledge current
- Well organized: Information organized and accessible, maintains efficient work space, manages time well
- Strong communicator: excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Technical savvy: Skilled with computers, proficient with function appropriate technology, learns quickly, uses technology to enhance job performance with the interest and ability to learn new technology
- Leadership: Completes all assigned tasks in a timely manner and is able to identify projects or work needed for future completion. Anticipates needs before they are assigned. Recognizes themselves as a departmental or function representative
Apply For This Position:Apply now