Finance Director, Financial Planning & Analysis – ID 287
Reports To: Chief Financial Officer
Lead enterprise-wide financial planning and integrated business planning. Build process and system capabilities for planning, resource allocation and performance management. Provide insights and analysis on performance and recommend actions to ensure we deliver on short term and long term goals. Provide decision support for Enterprise initiatives. Key member of Finance Leadership Team and Management Team (TMT). High interaction with Executive Leadership Team. Supervises Senior Analyst.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Partners with business leaders to develop long term financial plans, annual budget and forecast update.
- Provides senior leaders with regular feedback and communication with respect to variations between plan and actuals, including the projected impact to future results, and communicates regularly with senior management throughout the reporting cycle, providing timely updates, expert analysis and responses to inquiries.
- Provides value-added analytics to improve enterprise financial performance
- Partners with business leaders to provide information, data, analysis and insights to result in data-driven, profit-increasing decisions.
- Create and deliver enhanced management reports / dashboards that allow business partners to better understand their business and make informed decisions.
- Ensure appropriate methods are in place to accurately track, forecast and analyze the enterprise wide strategic initiatives to aid the business in making critical, time-sensitive decisions
- Support enterprise-wide strategic projects from a financial perspective
- Engages proactively in professional development of direct report
- Provides relevant information required for external disclosures, board meetings, and management reporting such as fluctuation and trending analysis, forecast results, and long-term planning information as needed.
- Understand financial statements and metrics and translate them into operational goals
- Ability to build detailed financial models in Excel
- Ability to naturally analyze, prioritize, AND synthesize all types of information to allow timely and effective business impact on a consistent basis
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to propose positive business solutions to problems.
- Significant experience with financial planning / management reporting system (Hyperion, Cognos, Adaptive, Host, etc.). Design and implementation experience a plus.
- Excellent planning, organization, analytical, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Set a vision for the financial planning organization and team; manage business-wide processes and meet deadlines
- High intellectual curiosity and strategic mindset
- Good communication skills (both written and oral), ability to present to Senior Executive Leadership
- Forward-thinking in implementing tools and techniques to improve analytics, driving better business decisions
- Strong influencing and problem solving skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Basic Qualifications:
- Master’s degree and 8 years of finance experience OR
- Bachelor’s degree and 10 years of finance experience AND
- 4 years of managerial experience directly managing people and/or leadership experience leading teams, projects, programs or directing the allocation of resources
- Preferred Qualifications:
- CPA or other Finance degree/accreditation.
- Strong background across all areas of finance (FP&A, Controllership, accounting, tax, Treasury)
- Skilled in leading and influencing
- Experience in scale up operations and/or building an FP&A department
Apply For This Position:Apply now