Executive Director – Traditional Medicinals Foundation
Reports To: Traditional Medicinals Inc., CEO and the Foundation Board of Directors
All of the stakeholders of Traditional Medicinals Inc. work together to create a social business model that serves a higher purpose: promoting and advocating for supply chain equity in the company’s supply chain communities. This ethos has laid the groundwork and created the momentum for the Traditional Medicinals Foundation (TMF), co-founded by Drake and Nioma Sadler.
Today, with a team of international community development experts, board members and partners, the Foundation is responsible for implementing, monitoring and evaluating social initiatives in the company’s herb sourcing communities.
The Foundation is embarking upon an exciting new chapter in its history of service and innovation, engaging new Foundation leadership; a humble, diplomatic, objective and inspiring servant leader that can embody the vision of the Foundation in a persuasive, self-assured and authentic way.
The Executive Director will steward, build and serve the Foundation’s evolving purpose, mission and vision.
1) Governance: Works with the Founders, Board of Directors, Company Leadership and Team in order to fulfill the Foundation’s purpose.
- Responsible for leading in a manner that supports and guides the Foundation’s purpose,
- Responsible for communicating effectively with the Founders, the Board, Company Leadership, and other key partners in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Foundation to function properly and to make informed decisions.
2) Financial Performance and Viability: Utilizes and develops resources to ensure the financial health of the Foundation.
- Responsible for the fiscal integrity of the Traditional Medicinals Foundation to include submission to the Founders, the Board and Company Leadership annual budgets and monthly financial statements,
- Responsible for fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position,
- Responsible for fundraising and developing other resources necessary to support the Traditional Medicinals Foundation’s purpose.
3) Foundation Purpose and Strategy: Works with Founders, Board, Company Leadership and Team to ensure that the purpose and strategy is fulfilled through projects, strategic planning, brand elevation, effective communication strategies and evaluation.
- Responsible for strategic planning to ensure that the Foundation can successfully fulfill its purpose into the future,
- Responsible for the successful implementation of the Foundation’s projects that carry out the Foundation’s purpose and successfully benchmark against the strategic plan,
- Responsible for the enhancement of the Foundation’s brand by being active and visible in the community, by working closely with other professional, civic, private and public companies, including Traditional Medicinals’ supply partners as well as ensuring the Foundation has compelling, on-mission brand assets that support the strategic goals and aims of the Foundation.
4) Foundation Operations: Oversees and implements appropriate resources to ensure that the operations of the Foundation are appropriate, efficient and effective.
- Responsible effective development and administration of the Foundation’s operations; including but not limited to, human resources, finance management, project planning and team management,
- Responsible for the hiring and retention of competent, qualified team members,
- Responsible for signing all contracts, agreements, grants and other instruments
- made and entered into and on behalf of the Foundation.
- A Master’s Degree in International Development or demonstrable experience working in International Supply/Value chain communities in a for-profit environment or International Development organization,
- Transparent and high integrity leadership,
- Ten or more years Senior Nonprofit/Foundation management experience,
- Solid, hands-on, budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis,
- decision-making and reporting,
- Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, project development
- and task facilitation,
- Ability to convey a vision of the Foundation’s strategic future to the Founder’s, Board,
- Company Leadership, Team, Volunteers and Donors,
- Ability to mentor the team and other company stakeholders to elevate and deepen insight and understanding regarding the Foundation’s purpose, mission and vision,
- Demonstrated ability to engage and participate alongside company leaders to strategically align the Foundation and the Company,
- Knowledge of fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to Foundation sector,
- Skills to collaborate with and motivate key stakeholders,
- Strong written and oral communication skills,
- Ability to interface and engage diverse stakeholder groups,
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with teams and effectively work across business silos with differing working styles and ecosystems,
- Strong and persuasive public speaking ability.
Year 1-3 Deliverables
- Alignment with TMI’s strategic goals and core business needs,
- Strategic, long-term planning for the Foundation that aligns with aforementioned
- goals and business needs,
- Foundation branding and mission elevation,
- Scaling and creating funding diversity through the ‘packaging’ of services/expertise to
- supply/value chain partners,
- Strengthening of the Foundation’s operational systems, processes and resource
- Strengthening the team management to benchmark against outcomes identified via
- the strategic plan,
- Clarifying the Foundation’s purpose,
- Identifying the appropriate organizational structure to most effectively support all of
- the above (Foundation vs. company dept.),
- Establishing the Foundation as a ‘Thought Leader’,
- Assisting with Board recruitment and development.
Salary commensurate with experience and other qualifications. Quality benefits package includes health and PTO.
Apply For This Position:Apply now