Director, Co-Manufacturing – ID 303
Reports To: Chief Operations Officer
In this key new role for Traditional Medicinals, the Director of Co-Manufacturing will be responsible for all planning, scheduling and materials based on demand forecasts. The Director of Co-Manufacturing will be the face of TM and manage and negotiate all existing and any new co-packer contracts and relationships. This currently involves 4-5 3rd party co-packers to ensure TM’s quality standards and processes are followed. The Director of Co-Manufacturing role will consist of coordinating production processes and staff in third party manufacturing facilities based in the United States and Canada. This position will be a key role on TM’s Innovation Team and will be required to attend industry trade shows for the latest and future trends. The ideal candidate will need to have strong skills in manufacturing, communication, technical and food safety understanding, problem-solving skills, and be willing to travel 40%.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage current and future relevant co-packers to meet the production needs of TM’s current and new product opportunities.
- Prepare and present new projects, plans and opportunities to all levels of management.
- Evaluate contract manufacturers qualifications, equipment capabilities and needs.
- Able to negotiate contracts and effectively lay out terms and conditions in conjunction with procurement to management and corporate counsel.
- As the face of TM, ethically represent the company and be compliant with corporate Code of Conduct.
- Work with production scheduling to flex capacity at multiple manufacturing facilities across the United States and Canada.
- Confirm reception of bulk ingredients, packaging, and other materials.
- Confirming quality control requirements are in place for production.
- Confirm pre-production and post-production and project specific requirements are being carried out.
- Work with the logistics team to ensure outbound freight occurs as scheduled.
- Prepare metrics, production briefs and de-briefs to communicate target goals and analyze productivity results.
- Maintain and develop positive relationships with management and staff at each facility.
- Exercise good judgment in problem solving and quality concerns.
- Document processes and procedures which standardize and support company and regulatory information requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 8+ years experience in the food and beverage or packing industry is required.
- Experience in manufacturing setup, production needs, and line operations.
- Strong understanding of weights and measures, conversion factors, freight and logistics.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Strong public speaking skills, favorable phone presence.
- Strong skills in time management, prioritizing tasks, and being efficient
- Be able to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment. Be self-directed/self-motivated.
- Have a strong sense of job ownership coupled with a solid team orientation.
- Be adept at complex problem solving. Demonstrate innovation, and creative thinking.
- Be highly resourceful. Be relationship-based. Be organized and take an attention to detail approach.
- Must maintain a high standard of personal and corporate integrity and work ethics.
- Experience in co-packing facility or plant management is a plus.
- Must be able to establish a partnership across functional areas within TM: Manufacturing, Quality, Demand Planning, Production Scheduling, Transportation, Inventory, Supply Chain/Procurement, Marketing, R&D, and external contacts, (co-packers and suppliers).
- Demonstrated ability to navigate and lead in a high growth environment and manage ambiguity.
- Demonstrated ability to drive and deploy best practices processes for the function.
- Experience in dealing with highly volatile supply chains, preferably agricultural commodities.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a related field (Engineering, Business, Manufacturing). MBA preferred.
- Strong motivational and leadership skills.
- Strong financial acumen.
- Understand how to be strategic while getting things done. Strong analytical skills.
- Resourceful and self sufficient – understand how to execute with the resources of a company this size.
- Proactive in attitude and action, but gets buy-in from key stakeholders and people.
- Have a demonstrated acumen for trying new things and managing change in terms of pace, the need for balance, communication, and relationship building.
- Appreciative and respectful of the history and how changes impact people.
- Data driven decision-maker.
- Ability to analyze business problems from both a qualitative and quantitative perspective.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to think innovatively.
- A passion for advancing customer and supplier expectations.
- Passionate believer of visual metrics and focused KPIs.
- Extremely well organized and accurate with details.
- Highly creative and out of the box thinking.
- Ability to travel up to 40%, both domestically and internationally.
- Ability to drive organizational improvement through goal setting and management of KPIs.
- Ability to meet minimum physical requirements to work in a manufacturing environment, including but not limited to: the ability to sit, stand for two or more hours at a time, the ability to operate a computer and office equipment and the ability to lift up to 20 pounds throughout the day
Compensation & Benefits:
- A competitive compensation & benefits package will be available to the ideal candidate.
- Relocation package available.
Apply For This Position:Apply now