Communications Manager – ID 41923
Department: Traditional Medicinals Foundation
Reports To: Executive Director of the Traditional Medicinals Foundation
We’re looking for a talented and enthusiastic person to join our team, help drive our community building efforts and elevate our brand. Our ideal Communications Manager is a generalist with a passion for doing good. This role is a combination of communications strategy (both external and internal), content creation (writing, storytelling, editing), and creative brainstorming.
This position reports to Jamie Horst, the Executive Director of the Traditional Medicinals Foundation (TMF).
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work with TMF Program Managers to tell the stories of our work (planning, story writing, suggesting appropriate visual collateral, alignment with strategic messaging).
- Copy edit team materials (e.g. literature reviews, site visit reports).
- Create and maintain communications documents (e.g. stock presentation, annual impact reports for key stakeholders, one-pagers and presentations on complete projects, etc.).
- Work with Traditional Medicinals (TM) Marketing department on aligning TMF’s work within the communications architecture of the TM website.
- Nurture and grow TMF’s existing Facebook and Instagram communities, and
- Build content plan, develop social content, then post, monitor and evaluate.
- Work with TM to repurpose posts for sharing on TM social channels.
- Determine appropriate channels (e.g. conference speaking engagements, white paper placements, press releases, working with reporters / external publications) and manage placements directly with TM Marketing and/or agency support.
- Assess customer social and environmental priorities and target message accordingly.
- Support Executive Director in evolving and elevating messaging related to TMF’s purpose, mission and vision.
- Create, manage and deliver on overall thought leadership / external communications plans.
Partnership with Traditional Medicinals and Traditional Medicinals Foundation Staff
- Create, manage and deliver on communications plans for each of the Foundation’s community development project (6 – 10 / year).
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with TM colleagues, particularly in Sales, Marketing and People Operations, in order to: identify priority audiences and related content opportunities, develop and manage approvals of collateral, effectively share through appropriate channels.
- Six or more years of communications experience in nonprofit or consumer brand Transparent and high integrity leadership
- Affinity with and commitment to the mission of the Traditional Medicinals Foundation
- Strong organizational abilities including planning, development and attainment of multiple simultaneous communications plans
- Knowledge and use of social media communications platforms such as Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram, and monitoring platforms such as Sprout Social
- Strong writing, copywriting, communication and story-telling skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to guide the team on how to use storytelling (verbal, visual and written) to deepen understanding of the Foundation’s purpose, mission and vision
- Skills to collaborate with and motivate key stakeholders
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated creativity (we will ask finalists for work samples)
- Ability to engage diverse stakeholder groups
- Bachelor’s Degree in communications or a related discipline
- Competitive Medical, Dental, Vision and 401K plans available! Flexible work from home on Friday’s!
Apply For This Position:Apply now