Business Systems Intelligence Analyst – ID 120
Reports To: IT Director of Business Systems & Project Management
The role of the Business Systems Analyst is to gather, analyze (Gap analysis) and document requirements (Flow charts/process mapping and Needs requirements) for complex technology and business projects, make recommendations to improve processes and applications, and then manage associated projects to a successful conclusion. This position will be the SME (Subject Matter Expert) on Business Intelligence, Data Warehouse, and using data from the ERP system, Microsoft Dynamics AX. Initial project for this position will be the building of a Data Warehouse and selection of the most appropriate business intelligence platform. The BSA will be a strong liaison between business partners and IT, ensuring that business partners understand how the Data Warehouse and other applications function.
The BSA must be able to work on multiple projects concurrently according to deadlines and maintain agreed upon budget parameters. During implementations the job will consist of working hands-on predominately, as well as creating and revising schedules, assessing and minimizing project risks, remaining flexible to make changes to schedules and plans to accommodate new information/results, creating related documentation and overseeing project quality control.
- Analyze and assess current processes and define/document improvements (Current state/future state/ideal state).
- Prepare and continuously update project planning documents, including ROI, milestones and metrics to track results
- Proactively communicate with all stakeholders to analyze information needs and functional requirements.
- Recommend or propose method and procedural changes to applications and processes to effect improvements of efficiency, effectiveness or cost; offer best-practice suggestions based on experience, system capabilities, and research
- Develop and execute system test cases, scripts and plans for business intelligence tools and supporting databases.
- Develop application specifications and process flows in the form of flowcharts or equivalent flow/mapping techniques
- Manage projects for their entire life-cycle
- Proactively update management as to project process, hurdles, changes to scope/ process/ timing/etc.
- Continuously improve analyst process and adherence
- Continuously improve processes and systems on an agreed-upon project prioritization, remaining flexible to changes that may impact priorities and alerting management at appropriate intervals to those possible priority-changing events
- Manage time, set priorities and perform management escalations
- 5 years systems/business analyst and project management experience. Track record displaying progressively larger or more complex projects
- Experience implementing a business intelligence system and Data Warehouse required.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects concurrently
- Ability to write both business and technical specification
- Experience working on complex technology and software projects with an emphasis on Business Intelligence systems
- Experience communicating effectively across all levels of management and all departments
- Sophisticated business analyst and project management skills
- Proficient with software applications and relational databases
- Experience in Manufacturing environment, supporting the Sales, Marketing, Finance & Operations functions
- Educational Requirements: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, with a degree in Information Systems or Finance
Other Skills, Knowledge, Abilities:
- Business Intelligence, data warehouse, Microsoft Dynamics experience a plus
- Outstanding communication skills – both verbal and written
- Absolutely comfortable building consensus
- Very strong team-building skills
- Highly creative and analytical, a fast learner and a quick-thinker
- Unquestionably proactive, with high initiative and drive for results
- Lean manufacturing and Value-Stream Mapping experience a plus
- PMP certification a plus
Apply For This Position:Apply now