Botanical Wellness Central District Sales Manager – HNF – ID 256
Reports To: Director of Sales (HNF)
The Botanical Wellness Central District Sales Manager of HNF develops and directs sales within the geography to attain specific sales and revenue goals across the Traditional Medicinals portfolio of products. This position is critical to maintaining our leadership position within the tea category in HNF and in developing new ton tea Botanical Wellness platforms such as Urban Moonshine. As part of the overall strategic sales and marketing plan of the company, this position will be responsible for designing and recommending specific long and short term sales tactics specific to each customer and product type, and communicating to the Director of Health and Natural on the success, possible changes to strategy, and opportunities within the geography. The position is responsible for budgeting by line item for all product types, at Regional customers and regional distributors, focusing on the Health and Natural channel. The BW Central District Sales Manager-HNF is responsible for managing brokers, and key retailers and distributors within the geography, and aligning all parties with Traditional Medicinals strategic objectives and sales goals. The BW Central District Sales Manager-HNF must represent TM’s values and mission to all retail customers, distributors and brokers and any other stakeholders within his or her territory.
Essential Job Duties:
- Maintains appropriate communication via email, phone and personal visit to influence brokers to support Traditional Medicinals objectives. Training broker reps on Traditional Medicinals vision, mission, herb sourcing and product quality is a significant job duty.
- Develops and communicates customer specific and chain specific goals and evaluates these in accordance with Traditional Medicinals strategic objectives for optimizing placement, sales, and off shelf programs.
- Monitors execution of Traditional Medicinals broker programs
- Analyzes and evaluates the effectiveness of all programs and reports these results to Sales Services & Director of HNF
- Gathers information re: market conditions, distributor opportunities or problems, competition, etc. and informs Company
- Responsible for executing against TM retail objectives within territory.
- Responsible for training brokers; providing feedback & direction to keep them focused on company goals
- Reviews distributor price and promotion catalogues for accuracy.
- Trains broker reps on Traditional Medicinals vision, mission, herb sourcing and product quality.
- Initiates presentations and meetings to gain new accounts, new placements and sales that support Traditional Medicinals objectives.
- Attends distributor tradeshows as necessary.
- Evaluates spending continually to assure spending is within budget
- Establishes & develops relationships with all key accounts in the territory.
- Maintains and improves placement and pricing, and secures promotional opportunities.
- Optimizes off shelf and display sales.
- Analyzes opportunity and placement gaps, and makes presentations to fill these gaps.
- Targets and budgets for new account placement and communicates to our broker and distributor partners to assure all objectives are aligned with Traditional Medicinals goals.
- Initiates presentations and meetings to gain new placements and sales.
- Attends regional and national tradeshows as necessary
- Evaluates spending continually to assure spending is within budget.
- Informs retailers about Traditional Medicinals vision, mission, herb sourcing and product quality.
- Utilizes syndicated date to facilitate successful sales presentations
- Participates in the regional budget development for each territory, by product class and channel.
- Responsible for controlling Regional sales expenses, and making changes as needed to assure expenses do not exceed budget.
- Responsible for assisting Accounting with problem deductions, collections, MCB’s, and returns, and maintaining coding of deductions on a monthly basis.
- Works with the Marketing Department, and Shopper Marketing Department to synchronize marketing plans with our retail and distributor sales partners within the territory.
Other Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent organization, presentation and communication skills, both one and one and in front of large groups
- Strong persuasive selling skills
- PowerPoint, excel, and computer skills, with the analytical ability to utilize syndicated data for fact based sales presentations.
- Ability to work well and communicate with others, both within and outside the organization.
- Must possess strong analytical and business management skills
- Able to multi task, and work with minimal supervision.
- Willingness to Travel up to a ratio of 60%, with overnight stays as necessary.
- This position will be based within the Central region near a key transportation hub.
- Equivalent to BA in Sales or Marketing
- Experience: minimum 6 years sales experience within the HNF channel selling Herbal Supplements, or 6 years selling within HNF grocery with medicinal herbal knowledge.
- Requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching.
- Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, and other office equipment.
- Able to lift and carry up to 20 lbs sporadically.
Apply For This Position:Apply now