Accounts Receivable Specialist – ID 305
Reports To: Accounting Supervisor
We are seeking an experienced individual with a minimum of three years Accounts Receivable and Credit and Collections experience with the demonstrated skillset and experience to provide day-to-day processing of the Accounts Receivable functions. We need a qualified accountant who can handle high volume transactions for a growing company, including but not limited to: processing cash deposits, credit memos, processing deductions, following up on collections and analyzing customer account credit risk. Applicant must be well organized, detail-oriented and possess strong technical and interpersonal skills. Experience working with receivables and deductions in a wholesale manufacturing environment required.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Apply daily customer payments and their related deductions.
- Prepare and maintain supporting documentation for recommended adjustments to customer accounts.
- Ensure sufficient support is received for deductions taken.
- Monitor customer accounts for credit risk and other irregularities.
- Investigate and resolve customer payment inquiries.
- Initiate collection efforts including communications via phone/email/written correspondence.
- Process and verify applications for credit and maintain customer credit files
- Perform annual customer credit reviews.
- Assist with month-end and year-end closings and prepare various account reconciliations
- Maintain written procedure documentation for job-related tasks.
- Responsible for such other duties and assignments that the Company deems appropriate.
- Minimum of three years previous professional experience in related role(s) within a wholesale manufacturing environment required.
- Minimum three years previous professional experience in accounts receivable and deductions processing within a wholesale manufacturing environment, understanding of basic accounting principles.
- Advanced level proficiency with MS Excel and Word
- Experience with accounting software MS Dynamics AX highly regarded- also, see minimum qualifications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, excellent interpersonal and conflict management skills, ability to work well in a team environment.
- Ability to lift upwards of 25lbs.
- Associate degree or certificate in accounting, finance, or related and equivalent industry experience required.
Apply For This Position:Apply now