Accounts Payable Accountant – ID 292
Reports To: Accounting Supervisor
TM is seeking an experienced individual with a minimum of four years Accounts Payable experience with the demonstrated skill set and experience to provide day-to-day processing of the Accounts Payable functions. We need a qualified accountant who can handle high volume of transactions for a growing company. Responsible for receiving incoming invoices, credit card expense reports and statements and employee expense reports verifying all data and information is correct and has proper authorization for payment and setting up invoices for payment in accordance with time lines and payment cycles. Applicant must be organized, detail oriented and possess strong technical and interpersonal skills.
Compensation includes a competitive base salary and bonus and includes medical benefits, twelve paid holidays and a 401K plan.
Rohnert Park, CA
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to the effective management of company funds by ensuring all supplier accounts are correct.
- Verify appropriate approval and general ledger coding for specific transactions affecting supplier and customer account balances.
- Perform research and resolve questions associated with processing of invoices, expenses, credit cards, check requests and purchase orders, including communicating the resolution of discrepancies to appropriate persons.
- Provide training and support to other department staff for properly coding invoices for payment, as needed.
- Ensure accurate entry of invoices into the financial system in a timely manner.
- Review and process Concur expense reports and reconcile to the corresponding credit card statements.
- Monitor employee compliance with travel and expense reimbursement policy.
- Perform weekly check run.
- Process weekly vouchers for consignment inventory.
- Reconcile vendor statements, research and correct discrepancies.
- Assist with month end and year end closings and prepare various account reconciliations.
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices.
- Accounting clerical duties such as filing, scanning and preparation of various written correspondence.
- Process vendor applications for credit.
- Maintain vendor W-9 information.
- Process annual 1099 and 1096 filings.
- Prepare Accounts Payable files for year-end archive storage.
- Maintain written procedure documentation for job related tasks.
- Responsible for such other duties and assignments which the Company deems appropriate.
- Some overtime may be required to meet month end and year end reporting deadlines.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Associate Degree or Certificate in Accounting, Finance, or related and equivalent industry experience required.
- Minimum of four years previous professional experience in accounts payable required.
- Understanding of basic accounting principles required.
- High level proficiency with keyboarding skills required.
- Experience with 1099 filings highly regarded.
- Excellent organization skills, attention to detail and ability to effectively manage multiple competing priorities with minimal supervision.
- Advanced level proficiency with MS Excel, Word and 10-key by touch required.
- Self-starter requiring limited task supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and conflict management skills.
- Understanding of California Sales and Use Tax regulations highly regarded.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Knowledgeable with regard to payables in a wholesale environment highly regarded.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics AX highly regarded.
Apply For This Position:Apply now