Autumn has arrived and with it comes cooler air, golden sunsets, brilliant fall foliage and shorter days. With less daylight and more seasonal gatherings, it can sometimes feel like there isn’t enough time for ourselves. At the beginning of this transition it’s important to set the intention to make self-care rituals a top priority. Here are eight fun and simple ways to maintain wellness during this autumn season.
1. Stay rooted in your purpose. As the temperatures drop and the plants lose foliage, their energy returns to the root. We, like plants, can thrive during the autumn months by focusing on our root purpose. It’s a time to step back and meditate on what truly brings value to our life. That way, we can fully blossom in the spring season.
2. Nourish with seasonal foods. This is the time to warm our bodies with broths, roasted squash, roots and sautéed dark leafy greens. Find time to settle down with a warm cup of Ginger Tea.
3. Get creative with your herbs and spices. Some of our strongest plant allies are already in our pantry. Seasonings like turmeric, garlic, cayenne and ginger are incredible plants for maintaining wellness. It is simple to add these plant allies into our everyday meals by creating herbal spice blends.
4. Embrace healthy fats like grass fed butter, coconut oil, olive oil and sesame seed oil. Inside and out, healthy fats are a must for our bodies. Whether you add some coconut oil to your oatmeal or do a self-care massage with sesame oil, it is especially important to keep your body fed and moisturized with healthy fats.
5. Try an herbal foot bath. This practice is very relaxing to the body after a hike or a long day’s work. Ginger root will get you warm, while herbs like lavender and chamomile work to soothe and calm.
6. Stay active, and enjoy the season. Whether you choose apple picking, yoga in the park or a hike to see fall’s showy colors, make sure you take advantage of the beautiful outdoors before winter’s arrival.
7. Boost your immune system. Eat well, exercise and sip on our Echinacea Plus tea to give your body an extra immunity boost.*
8. Sleep with the natural cycles. It is no accident that the days are shortening. As plants shed their leaves and animals hunt and gather in preparation for winter, it’s clear that nature is signaling us to nourish ourselves and slow down. It’s important that we honor these cycles and allow our bodies to get quality sleep.
‘Tis the season to reflect and take care of yourself! We hope these tips help you maintain wellness so you can fully enjoy the beauty of autumn.