Traditional Medicinals® (TM) is a growing, financially sound, 42 year-old herbal medicinal tea company based in Sonoma County, CA. The company manufactures over 50 varieties of tea in its solar-powered Sebastopol facility, and recently opened a Marketing and Sales Office in Petaluma. TM is proud to be the number one medicinal, organic, and Fair Trade herbal tea company in the US. In 1974, TM pioneered the herbal medicinal tea category and over the years has grown to become the sixth-largest bagged tea company in the US. Its products are distributed nationally across all channels, from health and natural foods stores (Whole Foods), to all major national grocery chains, to mass market retailers (Target & Walmart).
TM is an independent, mission-driven company with a planning horizon extending beyond the next generation. The concept of a triple bottom line focusing on people, planet, and profits is part of the Company’s mission and the basis for its success over the past 42 years. We have a manufacturing and warehousing operation based in Sebastopol, CA, which is 65 miles north of San Francisco, and a Sales and Marketing Office located in Petaluma, CA which is 40 miles north of San Francisco.
Sales Planning Manager
Reports To: Senior Sales Services Manager
Hours: Full Time
The Sales Planning Manager is responsible for providing TM stakeholders with visibility to past, present and future business conditions. This key member of the sales team will guide the sales forecasting process, monitor external business conditions, support the trade planning process, and translate their findings into an overall business forecast. While this department will provide forecasts for Operations, the primary objective is to provide forecasting for overall company business planning.
Provide a monthly, quarterly, annual and five year forecast for the company.
- Manage the monthly sales forecasting process.
- Monitor distributor inventory levels and assess impact to the forecast.
- Provide visibility to the company for developing trends in the market, including consumer, customer, competitive and channel dynamics.
- Manage the Trade Insights System and assist Sales Managers in the administration of their trade promotion plans.
- Assist the Senior Manager of Sales Services in setting trade strategy.
- Manage all necessary reporting for sales volume for the company including daily reports, standardized monthly, quarterly or annual reports and any ad hoc reporting requests.
- Development, maintenance, and communication of TM’s Sales Policies & Procedures.
- Review and Manage Customer Price Lists.
- Manages Broker Commissions.
- Act as a key support member of the Cross Functional Leadership Team.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 4-6 years of experience in a forecasting, trade marketing, or similar sales support role in the CPG industry.
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Understanding how multiple functions contribute and interact with one another.
- The ability to have influence across multiple departments.
- An understanding of retail customers.
- Technical skills- Excel (Strong), Power Point, and Word.
- Knowledge of syndicated data systems – SPINS, AC Nielsen, or IRI.
- A strong understanding of the trade promotion planning process.
Requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, and other office equipment. Able to sporadically lift and carry up to 20 lbs.
If you are interested in applying for this position please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com and please state Assistant Sales Planning Manager in the subject heading. Note: This position is based at our Sales and Marketing office in Petaluma. We look forward to your submission!
Director of Quality
Reports To: VP of Technical Services
Hours: Full Time
We are seeking a talented and experienced individual to lead the Quality function as we enter a new phase of innovation and company growth. Â This position offers a meaningful opportunity to help refine the Quality Management System while developing and managing the Quality team.
- Develop, implement, maintain, and communicate the organization’s quality strategy and programs.
- Manage day to day operations of the Quality department and Quality Control laboratory. Set and communicate priorities to staff. Manage third party inspections and audits, including regulatory inspections, findings and follow-up.
- Support and participate in the company’s project teams and assist with project scheduling to ensure that timelines and deadlines are met efficiently and economically.
- Provide regular updates and recommendations to senior management team regarding the status of quality objectives, projects, and goals.
- Hire, manage, and develop Quality staff and secure sufficient resources to support the company’s goals and objectives.
- Develop departmental and capital expense budgets; review and evaluate these monthly to ensure department expenses are within budget.
- Optimize current processes or systems resulting in improved efficiencies and compliance.
- Provide leadership on Food Safety, Food Defense and HACCP teams.
- Maintain and continuously improve the company’s quality management system by directing and providing oversight and input into the relevant quality systems and standards including:
- Change control
- Documentation systems
- Quality procedures, standards, and policies
- Product complaint management
- Internal and external audit programs
- Validation programs
- Quality system reporting – Metrics
- CAPAs Corrective Action and Preventative Action
- Material Review Boards
- Vendor Risk Management
- Manage final review and approval of Master Batch Records, Manufacturing Batch Records, SOPs, Change Control Documentation, Audit Reports, Validation Documentation, Product Specifications, Analytical Methods, and Supplier Qualifications.
- Develop and conduct appropriate GMP training for all levels of personnel involved in the manufacturing and release of raw materials and final product.
- Provide Quality leadership in investigations into non-conforming materials, process deviations, batch failures and other excursions. Sponsor/manage cross-departmental Material Review Board Meetings.
- Ensure accurate response and documentation of non-conformances and the implementation of appropriate corrective action plans.
- Drive continuous improvement in our investigations and root cause analysis activities.
- Oversee the development and implementation of standards, methods and procedures for testing and inspection of ingredients, components and finished products whether manufactured in house or by CMO’s.
- Oversee development and validation of laboratory test methods.
- Maintain new product testing programs including stability and supplement facts testing and record keeping. Be a member of the New Product Commercialization team.
- Be a member of site development group with primary responsibility for quality recommendations regarding laboratory and factory design.
- Leads quality related projects for IT systems.
- BS or MS degree in pharmacognosy, chemistry or comparable science curriculum. Advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum 10+ years’ progressive experience in Quality systems management, including staff supervision and development.
- Excellent working knowledge of current Good Manufacturing Practices for Dietary Supplements and/or Over the Counter Drugs (United States) required; Natural Health Products (Canada) and Traditional Herbal Medicine Products (Europe) preferred.
- Knowledge of botanical pharmacopoeial test methods and laboratory techniques.
- Experience managing QMS and LIMS systems.
- Excellent working knowledge of lean principles. Lean certification preferred.
- Experience managing Food Safety Systems (HACCP,ISO 22000, FSSC22000, BRC, SQF or related systems)
- Bilingual or multi-lingual language skills are preferred; especially knowledge of Spanish, French and/or German.
- Superior leadership skills to manage direct reports and lead consultants and internal teams.
- Ability to see the big picture and manage the fine details.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with people at all levels of the organization, including leadership.
- A collaborative, team-oriented approach.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
Requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, and other office equipment.
Able to sporadically lift and carry up to 20 lbs.