Traditional Medicinals® (TM) is a growing, financially sound, 43 year old botanical wellness company based in Sonoma County, CA. We manufacture 50+ beverage and wellness herbal based products in our solar powered Sebastopol facility. Our new corporate offices are in SOMO Village in Rohnert Park, CA. Traditional Medicinals is proud to be the number one medicinal, organic, and fair trade herbal tea company. TM’s products are distributed nationally through health and natural foods stores, all major grocery chains, mass market retailers, and drug stores. The concept of a triple bottom line, focusing on people, planet, & profits, is part of our Company’s mission and the basis for our success.
Health, Safety and Training Coordinator
Reports To: Director of Manufacturing
Hours: Full Time
This position is responsible for the planning, establishing, implementing, and maintenance of a variety of health, safety, environmental and training programs to ensure the highest possible degree of safety for employees. The successful candidate will be a self-starting leader who enjoys the challenges of daily involvement with an operation and maintenance team.
Key Responsibilities (included but not limited to):
(not in order of importance)
- Ensures that federal, state and local laws, regulations, rules and codes are observed.
- Maintains thorough knowledge of OSHA regulations; maintains up-to-date knowledge of safety codes and regulations; distributes and/or posts new or revised safety standards that affect the company.
- Manages OSHA record keeping and reporting requirements.
- Ensures that all incidents are promptly and correctly reported, investigated and effective measures are taken to prevent reoccurrence. Reports accidents to HR.
- Develops and maintains a proactive Return to Work Program; coordinates with appropriate supervisors/managers and insurance representatives to identify and develop suitable temporary limited-duty assignments for injured employees to perform during the recovery process.
- In partnership with HR team, conducts and documents new employee safety training.
- Recognizes safety training needs; develops and coordinates training programs designed to instruct employees in general safe-work practices, plus specific instruction with regard to hazards that are unique to any job assignment. Ensures compliance with OSHA required training.
- Develops and administers safety incentive award programs.
- Represents TM in dealings with loss control consultants, staffing agencies, OSHA and other safety related regulatory agencies.
- Conducts weekly/monthly, safety audits, including machine guarding, fall protection compliance, employee safety observations and gap assessments; coordinates with Operations team to ensure that JSAs (Job Safety Analyses) are completed prior to commissioning of new equipment, or changes to existing equipment or procedures.
- Conducts fire drills and emergency evacuations for all facilities.
- Responds to employee suggestions concerning safety matters.
- Assists employees with ergonomic needs, schedules ergonomic evaluations and follows up on recommendations.
- Reviews and analyzes all data related to work related accidents, incidents and near misses; determines problem areas and corrective actions; assists with on-site investigations of incident/accidents.
- Develop controls for identified hazards; coordinates the implementation of controls from result of hazard analysis. Measures and evaluates the effectiveness of the hazard control system, policies, and procedures and recommends changes that reflect improved opportunities to eliminate work-place accidents (ie. noise monitoring and hearing conservation, confined space entry and personal protective equipment requirements).
- Communicates WC loss prevention information and program status to management on a regular basis and works through management to accomplish risk-mitigation goals.
- In partnership with HR and management, develops and implements emergency action plan and crisis management program.
- Must comply with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), and any/all established processes, whether established by manager, by the company or by law, as well as assist with the communication, training, and enforcement of these.
- Must work in a safe manner and comply with all health, safety, security and emergency requirements that are communicated, whether established by manager, by the company or by law.
- Must comply with all Company policies communicated through your Employee Manual, trainings, notice boards or other postings, or by a member of management.
- Utilize new technology and Lean manufacturing principles and processes available to maximize safety.
- Maintain the IIPP and Safety Manual and develop site-specific policies.
- Establishes company wide procedures for maintaining up-to-date SDS manuals.
- Monitor, revise, and implement ongoing updates in safety regulations and reporting by working closely with legal.
- Produce monthly metrics reports and report results at the monthly meeting.
- Purchase all safety supplies, products or training items required.
- Provide leadership and participation in monthly Safety Committee meetings.
- Work with the Process Engineer on the development and maintenance of the operator training program.
- Attends cross-functional meetings as needed.
- Must have a flexible schedule in order to work different shifts as required and to work weekends to support operation in a 24/7 facility.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 5-years related experience in safety, environmental, health and employee training management role in food manufacturing.
- Professional designation of Certified Safety Professional (CSP), and/or Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH), preferred but not required.
- Possess a high level of technical expertise, ability to apply skills to continuous process improvement while maintaining maximum levels of safety.
- Comprehensive and current knowledge of federal, state, and local laws governing safety rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of current GMPs
- Certified First Aid/CPR
- Bilingual, English/Spanish a plus
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to build trust and confidence with employees at all levels; be understanding of diverse personalities; maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Ability to convey ideas clearly and concisely with all employees at all levels in English and Spanish, in both written and verbal communications, and to act as a key team player within TM or Operations Department’s management staff
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and verbally, with all employees, inspectors and auditors, vendors, and certifying agencies
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook Calendar
- Ability to troubleshoot problems related to your area of responsibility
- Ability to work calmly under pressure and use sound judgment to make quality decisions
- Ability to perform with a high level of professionalism in a dynamic diverse environment
- Ability to develop and guide teams with a positive disposition and high quality work ethic
- Must be organized, flexible and enjoy the challenges of a diverse team and programs
- Must possess strong listening skills and a strong attention to detail
- Must be self-motivated
- Willingness to help in urgent situations and participate in company, team and community building events
- Schedule flexibility – Due to business needs, priorities and/or schedule may change
- Able to stand/walk/sit for long periods of time
- Able to work in a warehouse and office environment
If you are interested in the position, please email your resume and application to email@example.com.
Administrative Services Manager
Reports To: CEO
Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 5:00pm, ½ hr lunch
Location: HQ – SOMO Village, Rohnert Park
Traditional Medicinals, Inc. is seeking an experienced Administrative Services Manager, (ASM) a unique and newly created position that will include a combination of office management and executive team support. This important new senior position reports directly to the CEO and will work closely with the executive leadership team (ELT). The ASM will assume overall responsibility for managing reception/administrative functions and will personally support a seven member executive leadership team through various administrative duties including the creation of power point presentations, travel arrangements, and report preparation. The ASM will coordinate, prepare and disseminate advance packets for the Board, materials for board meeting days, coordinate preparation of monthly dashboard and quarterly ELT reports, coordinate All-Hands and Quarterly Managers Meetings, as well as other support functions for the ELT.
The Administrative Services Manager will also have the opportunity to develop and implement a tactical strategy for company gatherings, lunches, and parties in support of the Traditional Medicinals company culture. The job description additionally includes coordination of company information to employees through lobby area visuals, reception video walls and lunch room videos. The ASM will be responsible to help manage the move into our new corporate office site at SOMO Village in Rohnert Park, which will occur in April and May of 2017. Prior to the office move, this position will be located in Sebastopol CA. An integral part of the planning process for the move will be to create and execute a food program that will be budget friendly for employees, and the company. In that regard, the ASM will be tasked with hiring one, part-time staff member and supervising a second part-time staff member, who will have hybrid job descriptions encompassing reception/admin tasks, as well as food and beverage service duties.
Summary: Responsible for the organization and coordination of office operations, procedures and resources to facilitate organizational effectiveness and efficiency.
Tasks and Responsibilities related to Reception & Food
- Answer, screen and direct incoming calls, and greet visitors
- Assign and monitor administrative and reception responsibilities
- Responsible for mail delivery to office staff
- Responsible for office supply management and communication with procurement
- Coordinate or manage purchase of food for office and system for employee purchase of food
- Manage kitchen staff members and coordinate schedules with reception when necessary
- Establish and monitor procedures for record keeping of food purchases
- Design and implement policies and procedures related to free and purchased food
- Prepare reports of food costs
- Coordinate food orders, delivery, and storage
- Review and approve food orders
- Handle employee questions regarding food purchase or free food
- Manage food vendors work with Farmster to schedule compost pick up daily
- Manage hiring and mentoring receptionists
- Coordinate visuals for the reception video wall and lunch room video
- Monitor and manage reception product wall
- Coordinate company parties, picnics and other company events
Tasks and Responsibilities related to Exec Leadership Admin Assistance
- Coordinate, prepare & disseminate packets for Board & coordinate Board meetings including travel plans, food and location
- Coordinate prep of monthly dashboard and quarterly ELT reports
- Manage and coordinate All-Hands and Quarterly Managers Meetings, as applicable
- Manage travel arrangements for executives (upon request)
- Prepare and distribute minutes of meetings
- Arrange and prepare presentations (PowerPoint)
- Prepare and distribute correspondence
- Compile and present special reports
Education and Experience
- Minimum 7 years working with executive teams and managing admin staff
- Business degree or equivalent
- Knowledge of accounting, data and administrative management practices and procedures
- Knowledge of clerical practices and procedures
- Knowledge of business and management principles
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Extreme confidentiality
- Problem analysis and assessment
- Judgment and problem solving
- Decision making
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Information gathering and monitoring
- Coaching skills
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Able to lift/carry up to 20 lbs
- Able to sit/stand/walk for long periods of time
If you are interested in the position, please email your resume and application to RECRUITING@TRADMED.COM with “ASM” in the subject line.