Traditional Medicinals® (TM) is a growing, financially sound, 41 year-old herbal medicinal tea company based in Sonoma County, CA. The company manufactures over 50 varieties of tea in its solar-powered Sebastopol facility, and recently opened a Marketing and Sales Office in Petaluma. TM is proud to be the number one medicinal, organic, and Fair Trade herbal tea company in the US. In 1974, TM pioneered the herbal medicinal tea category and over the years has grown to become the sixth-largest bagged tea company in the US. Its products are distributed nationally across all channels, from health and natural foods stores (Whole Foods), to all major national grocery chains, to mass market retailers (Target & Walmart).
TM is an independent, mission-driven company with a planning horizon extending beyond the next generation. The concept of a triple bottom line focusing on people, planet, and profits is part of the Company’s mission and the basis for its success over the past 41 years. We have a manufacturing and warehousing operation based in Sebastopol, CA, which is 65 miles north of San Francisco, and a Sales and Marketing Office located in Petaluma, CA which is 40 miles north of San Francisco.
Sales Planning Manager
Reports To: Senior Sales Services Manager
Hours: Full Time
The Sales Planning Manager is responsible for providing TM stakeholders with visibility to past, present and future business conditions. This key member of the sales team will guide the sales forecasting process, monitor external business conditions, support the trade planning process, and translate their findings into an overall business forecast. While this department will provide forecasts for Operations, the primary objective is to provide forecasting for overall company business planning.
Provide a monthly, quarterly, annual and five year forecast for the company.
- Manage the monthly sales forecasting process.
- Monitor distributor inventory levels and assess impact to the forecast.
- Provide visibility to the company for developing trends in the market, including consumer, customer, competitive and channel dynamics.
- Manage the Trade Insights System and assist Sales Managers in the administration of their trade promotion plans.
- Assist the Senior Manager of Sales Services in setting trade strategy.
- Manage all necessary reporting for sales volume for the company including daily reports, standardized monthly, quarterly or annual reports and any ad hoc reporting requests.
- Development, maintenance, and communication of TM’s Sales Policies & Procedures.
- Review and Manage Customer Price Lists.
- Manages Broker Commissions.
- Act as a key support member of the Cross Functional Leadership Team.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 4-6 years of experience in a forecasting, trade marketing, or similar sales support role in the CPG industry.
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Understanding how multiple functions contribute and interact with one another.
- The ability to have influence across multiple departments.
- An understanding of retail customers.
- Technical skills- Excel (Strong), Power Point, and Word.
- Knowledge of syndicated data systems – SPINS, AC Nielsen, or IRI.
- A strong understanding of the trade promotion planning process.
Requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, and other office equipment. Able to sporadically lift and carry up to 20 lbs.
If you are interested in applying for this position please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and please state Assistant Sales Planning Manager in the subject heading. Note: This position is based at our Sales and Marketing office in Petaluma. We look forward to your submission!
Reports to: Vice President of Marketing
Location: Petaluma, CA
The Opportunity for the Writer/Content Strategist
Traditional Medicinals (TM), a leader in herbal, medicinal teas, is looking for a creative, brand-building writer who is also a content strategist. This is a new position brought on by rapid company growth coupled with a new emphasis on content marketing and storytelling. It’s an exciting time for the company with plenty of opportunities for you to make a difference here.
The Writer/Content Strategist will work closely with the Marketing team to meet creative, marketing, brand, and business objectives. This is a multi-channel role, requiring experience with content marketing, packaging, and branding. Key areas of responsibility include copywriting and editing along with helping create content strategies, creative concepts, messaging campaigns, and digital and social initiatives. The job is an opportunity to make an immediate and lasting impact by helping fulfill Traditional Medicinals’ mission of connecting people to the power of plants.
This position is full-time, comes with benefits, and reports to the VP of Marketing. Although some flexibility exists for remote work, the ideal candidate is local and enjoys being part of an office environment of Sales and Marketing professionals. We are based in Petaluma.
In your role on the Marketing team you’ll be working across departments to best position the brand for success. The Writer/Content Strategist will focus on three essential areas:
- VOICE (use the TM voice and represent the company’s point of view in all communications)
- STRATEGY (create concepts, messaging, and communications that align with the company’s business objectives)
- WRITING (craft all levels of writing needed for internal and public communications)
You’re a big thinker who’s also good with detail. You can brainstorm a multitude of ways to tell one brand’s story and you’re eagle-eyed when it comes to making sure your copy is technically sound and grammatically correct. You have enough experience working with brands to know that writing for a company also means positioning it for the marketplace. You’re a good listener, welcome feedback, and are willing to learn from expert herbalists on what makes our teas special.
Content Development and Strategy
- Gain a deep understanding of the motivations and behaviors of our target audience to increase the effectiveness of your ideas.
- Work with the Marketing team to create and execute successful communications and campaigns in messaging, digital platforms (including website, emails, social media), packaging, and other internal projects.
- Work with Human Resources, Sales, and the Traditional Medicinals Foundation as needed to help them produce, manage, and fulfill content-related projects.
- Ensure brand consistency and use the TM voice in all creative efforts.
- Maintain and evolve the brand style guide.
- Make sure copy meets legal and regulatory standards as determined by internal teams.
- Collaborate with and support other content creators at TM and TM agency partners.
- Demonstrate best practices around writing and strategy.
- Thrive in a deadline-driven environment and be able to manage multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Bring good organizational and project management skills.
- Persuasively present and clearly share an expert point of view on how copywriting/messaging can improve the customer experience and deliver results.
- Be able to build effective internal and external relationships and influence change.
- Possess excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Be flexible and open to feedback.
Desired Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of 6 years of experience as a copywriter, content strategist, or equivalent role.
- Some online brand and consumer packaged goods experience.
- Superior written, verbal, and editorial communications.
- A team player who is eager to contribute to an organization that prides itself on being mission-driven.
- Demonstrated experience with social media and ways to effectively distribute content.
- Strong interpersonal skills and eagerness to work across all departments.
- Ability to prioritize while maintaining flexibility.
- A portfolio proving exceptional strategic and copywriting skills in multiple channels that deliver results.
- Knowledge and curiosity about the medicinal properties of plants preferred.
We’re offering a competitive compensation rate along with health insurance, personal time-off, cash bonus, and profit sharing.
If you are interested in applying for this position please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com and please state Writer/Content Strategist in the subject heading. Note: This position is based at our Sales and Marketing office in Petaluma. We look forward to your submission!
Associate Engineer, Continuous Improvement
Reports To: Director of Engineering
Hours: Full Time
Location: Sebastopol, CA
The Associate Engineer for Continuous Improvement Initiatives will be responsible for improving both manufacturing and business processes at Traditional Medicinals (TM) by implementing the concepts of LEAN and Six Sigma. This position will also be responsible for small to medium sized projects in the operations group, ensuring that the projects are implemented on time, on budget, and in such a way that the benefits create long-term value for the company. This is an individual contributor role.
- Use KPIs to drive corrective actions and continuous improvement.
- Establish and maintain effective metric measurements, tracking and reporting tools.
- Perform product/process analysis for cost reduction, in-process quality improvement, and improved efficiency.
- Manage small to medium size projects ($50k-$250k) ensuring that projects are delivered on time and on budget.
- Manage all aspects of analysis from scope definition to delivery with ultimate responsibility for project plan, content, and timeline management, as well as through training and implementation.
- Assist in design, installation and commissioning of new production processes, monitoring modifications and upgrades, and troubleshooting existing processes.
- Interface and coordinate with vendors/customers to determine product specifications and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials, or parts; evaluates products according to specifications and quality standards.
- Participate in FATs for systems and equipment as needed.
- Leverage tools and processes including project charters, process maps, voice of the customer analyses, statistical analysis, and tools to turn data into information.
- Make observations and collect data directly, as well as collect and interpret data from other technical and operating staff involved.
- Lead and support development of process improvements and systems optimization affecting safety, reliability, product quality, unit cost, and customer satisfaction.
- Interface and coordinate with Sales, Planning, QA and R&D staff concerning product specifications to ensure efficient production methods and quality results.
- Help develop, coordinate, and implement technical training for employees.
- Ensure that all affected teams are involved in the creation of solutions and alternative evaluations. Monitor metrics for manufacturing and establish corrective action plans aimed towards continuous improvement.
- Synthesize conclusions into recommendations and work directly with manufacturing teams to implement change.
- Collaborate with others via strong communication skills (written and verbal) with an ability to understand, share and synthesize information into concise recommendations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical, Mechanical, Industrial Engineering or similar work experience.
- From 2-5 years of experience, preferably in cGMP dietary supplement or pharmaceutical manufacturing.
- Capital project construction, startup and validation experience desired.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Working knowledge of Lean and/or Six Sigma (Certification / belt preferred).
- Allen Bradley PLC knowledge is a plus.
- Working knowledge of Spanish preferred.
- VBA coding, SQL database querying, or similar knowledge.
- Ability to travel 10%, both domestically and internationally.
- Ability to meet minimum physical requirements to work in a production or warehouse environment.
- Ability to analyze business problems from both a qualitative and quantitative perspective.
- Ability to think innovatively.
- Comfortable managing multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Passionate believer of visual metrics and focused KPI’s.
- Extremely well-organized and accurate with details.
- Highly creative and out-of-the-box thinking.
If you are interested in applying for this position please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and please state Associate Engineer for Continuous Improvement in the subject heading. We look forward to your submission!