Traditional Medicinals® (TM) is a growing, financially sound, 41 year-old herbal medicinal tea company based in Sonoma County, CA. The company manufactures over 50 varieties of tea in its solar-powered Sebastopol facility, and recently opened a Marketing and Sales Office in Petaluma. TM is proud to be the number one medicinal, organic, and Fair Trade herbal tea company in the US. In 1974, TM pioneered the herbal medicinal tea category and over the years has grown to become the sixth-largest bagged tea company in the US. Its products are distributed nationally across all channels, from health and natural foods stores (Whole Foods), to all major national grocery chains, to mass market retailers (Target & Walmart).
TM is an independent, mission-driven company with a planning horizon extending beyond the next generation. The concept of a triple bottom line focusing on people, planet, and profits is part of the Company’s mission and the basis for its success over the past 41 years. We have a manufacturing and warehousing operation based in Sebastopol, CA, which is 65 miles north of San Francisco, and a Sales and Marketing Office located in Petaluma, CA which is 40 miles north of San Francisco.
E-commerce Business Manager
Reports To: VP of Sales
Location: HQ in Sebastopol or Petaluma or Telecommute – Preference for Northern California but remote workplace is a possibility.
This is a newly created position that will focus on our rapidly growing e-commerce business. Previously handled by our broker, we are looking to develop internal expertise due to the importance of this growing channel.
This position will lead the creation and implementation of Traditional Medicinals’ (TM’s) e-commerce strategy and will report in to the Sales department while working hand-in-hand with the Marketing department. We are seeking a dynamic individual who can manage a complex work environment, both internally with TM and in the external marketplace. The candidate must possess the skills to effectively manage the current business, delivering against key KPI metrics. The candidate should also possess the strategic and planning skills necessary to lead this dynamic channel into the future.
- Manage and develop existing e-commerce business; manage the sales and relationship of key e-commerce customers, including Amazon, iherb and Vitacost.
- Work with Marketing to ensure branded content properly reflects the latest image and positioning of the brand.
- Manage all aspects of the business including distribution, trade and marketing programs and web based content.
- Assist RSM group with the management of all major retailers’ web-based sales activity.
- Define company expectations and objectives for delivering leading e-commerce business results within our traditional brick and mortar retailers. This also would include any promotional / marketing activity with web-based components.
- Stay on top of emerging trends within the e-commerce business channel. Keep TM on the cutting edge of new e-commerce opportunities.
- Institute an e-commerce go-to-market model that will ensure TM benefits from the explosive growth of the channel while maintaining profitability goals. Manage the total profitability of the channel while achieving budgeted growth targets.
- Achieve existing sales based KPI’s including distribution and pricing objectives, innovation launch objectives, trade spend management and volume growth.
- 5-10 years consumer packaged goods (CPG) Sales/Marketing experience
- Key account management and development
- Experience working cross-functionally within a consumer products company
- CPG experience with traditional brick and mortar retailers
- E-commerce sales experience
- Persuasive selling
- Business analytics
- Strong technological skills
- Excellent communication skills
- 40+ hour work week
- Over 50% travel if not located in Northern California
- 25%-30% travel if living in Northern California
If you are interested in applying for this position please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and please include E-commerce Business Manager in the subject heading. We look forward to your submission!
Assistant Customer Marketing Manager
Reports To: Senior Sales Services Manager
Hours: Full Time
The Assistant Customer Marketing Manager will provide the Sales Organization with everything necessary to sell our Marketing Plans, Innovation, and key TM priorities to our customers. This person will be the voice of sales and act as a conduit between the sales organization and key TM functions. While this person will report to sales, they will work very closely with Marketing on a day to day basis turning Marketing plans and insights into actionable materials for the Sales team.
- Provide annual planning materials to the field sales team in a format that can be easily converted to individual customer planning. This should be an output of the Marketing Annual Planning process and should be delivered in time for Tea season Category Reviews and Presentations.
- Provide all necessary sales information and objectives to ensure successful innovation launch executions. Work closely with Marketing to provide necessary sales tools and sales objectives for launch. This should also include tracking and reporting of performance against key launch objectives.
- Provide sales ready presentations that are extensions of key Marketing, Sales or other functional priorities that require sales and customer engagement.
- Regularly communicate ongoing priorities or plan changes to the field sales organization through consistent, relevant and compelling communication. Track and report against these priorities on a consistent basis.
- Manage all Merchandising equipment, requests, and projects that are not specifically tied to
- Shopper Marketing programs.
- Work closely with Marketing and serve as “The Voice of Sales” in all day to day meetings requiring sales input and interaction.
- Coordinate key sales meetings and trade shows.
- Manage any Customer Requests for Field Sales that are outside the scope of Shopper Marketing
- Take Marketing and other Functional priorities, presentations and information and translate them to Sales and Customer friendly presentation formats.
- Responsible for communicating and cataloging all Sales and Customer Policies and Procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2-4 years Sales or Marketing experience in a CPG company
- Strong interpersonal skills are required and the ability to work with several different teams
- An understanding of how retail customers, field sales, and Marketing work together
- The ability to influence others
- Technical skills – Power Point(Strong), Word, and Excel
- Knowledge of syndicated data systems – SPINS, AC Nielsen, or IRI
Requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, and other office equipment. Able to lift and carry up to 20 lbs sporadically.
If you are interested in applying for this position please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com and please include Assistant Customer Marketing Manager in the subject heading. We look forward to your submission!
Assistant Sales Planning Manager
Reports To: Senior Sales Services Manager
Hours: Full Time
The Sales Planning Manager is responsible for providing TM stakeholders with visibility to past, present and future business conditions. This key member of the sales team will guide the sales forecasting process, monitor external business conditions, support the trade planning process, and translate their findings into an overall business forecast. While this department will provide forecasts for Operations, the primary objective is to provide forecasting for overall company business planning.
- Provide a monthly, quarterly, annual and five-year forecast for the company.
- Manage the monthly sales forecasting process.
- Monitor distributor inventory levels and assess impact to the forecast.
- Act as key support person for the Trade Insights System and assist Sales Managers in the administration of their trade promotion plans.
- Assist the Senior Manager of Sales Services in setting trade strategy.
- Manage all necessary reporting for sales volume for the company including daily reports, standardized monthly, quarterly or annual reports and any ad-hoc reporting requests.
- Communication of TM’s Sales Policies and Procedures.
- Review and Manage Customer Price Lists.
- Manages Broker Commission Process.
- Act as a key support member of the Cross Functional Leadership Team.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 4-6 years of experience in a forecasting, trade marketing, or similar sales support role in the CPG industry.
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Understanding how multiple functions contribute and interact with one another.
- The ability to have influence across multiple departments.
- An understanding of retail customers.
- Technical skills- Excel (Strong), Power Point, and Word.
- Knowledge of syndicated data systems – SPINS, AC Nielsen, or IRI.
- A strong understanding of the trade promotion planning process.
- 40+ hour work week
- Sit for extended periods of time
- Work effectively in a busy office environment
If you are interested in applying for this position please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and please include Assistant Sales Planning Manager in the subject heading. Note: This position is based at our Sales and Marketing office in Petaluma. We look forward to your submission!
Accounting Clerk – Accounts Receivable
Reports to: Controller
Hours: Monday through Friday 8:30am to 5pm
Location: Sebastopol, CA
This is a new position brought on by strong growth the company has experienced over the past three years, with more growth expected. TM is seeking an experienced individual with a minimum of 2 years Accounts Receivable experience to process cash deposits, credit memos and clear trade promotion deductions. Applicant must be organized, detail oriented and possess strong technical and interpersonal skills. Experience working with receivables and deductions in a wholesale environment helpful. This position addresses a high volume of transactional data and tight deadlines.
- Process daily cash deposit.
- Apply daily customer payments.
- Prepare and maintain supporting documentation for adjustments to customer’s accounts.
- Ensure sufficient support is received for deductions taken.
- Review and manipulate large data files to summarize customer deduction activity.
- Review and clear off-invoice discounts and deductions taken.
- Investigate and resolve customer payment inquiries.
- Assist with month end and year end closings and prepare various account reconciliations.
- Accounting clerical duties such as filing, scanning and preparation of various written correspondence.
- Provide cross-functional support with other accounting functions including accounts payable and invoicing, as needed.
- Maintain written procedure documentation for job related tasks.
- Assist in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the accounts receivable and deduction clearing process.
- Responsible for such other duties and assignments which the Company deems appropriate.
- Some overtime may be required to meet month end and year end reporting deadlines.
- Associate Degree or Certificate in Accounting, Finance, or related and equivalent industry experience required.
- Minimum of two years previous professional experience in accounts receivable required.
- Understanding of basic accounting principles required.
- Excellent organization skills, attention to detail and ability to effectively manage multiple competing priorities with minimal supervision.
- Intermediate MS Excel (pivot tables, formulas, macros, vlookups, conditional formatting, etc)
- Strong data management and validation skills.
- Self-starter requiring limited task supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and conflict management skills.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Knowledgeable with regard to receivables in a wholesale environment highly regarded.
- Experience with major accounting and trade promotions management software required.
- Experience with QAD, AFS TradePro or MS Access highly regarded.
Compensation includes a competitive base salary and bonus and includes medical benefits, twelve paid holidays and a 401K plan.
If you are interested in applying for this position please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com and please include the Accounting Clerk-A/R in the subject heading. We look forward to your submission!