Traditional Medicinals® (TM) is a growing, financially sound, 41 year-old herbal medicinal tea company based in Sonoma County, CA. The company manufactures over 50 varieties of tea in its solar-powered Sebastopol facility, and recently opened a Marketing and Sales Office in Petaluma. TM is proud to be the number one medicinal, organic, and Fair Trade herbal tea company in the US. In 1974, TM pioneered the herbal medicinal tea category and over the years has grown to become the sixth-largest bagged tea company in the US. Its products are distributed nationally across all channels, from health and natural foods stores (Whole Foods), to all major national grocery chains, to mass market retailers (Target & Walmart).
TM is an independent, mission-driven company with a planning horizon extending beyond the next generation. The concept of a triple bottom line focusing on people, planet, and profits is part of the Company’s mission and the basis for its success over the past 41 years. We have a manufacturing and warehousing operation based in Sebastopol, CA, which is 65 miles north of San Francisco, and a Sales and Marketing Office located in Petaluma, CA which is 40 miles north of San Francisco.
Assistant Sales Planning Manager
Reports To: Senior Sales Services Manager
Hours: Full Time
The Sales Planning Manager is responsible for providing TM stakeholders with visibility to past, present and future business conditions. This key member of the sales team will guide the sales forecasting process, monitor external business conditions, support the trade planning process, and translate their findings into an overall business forecast. While this department will provide forecasts for Operations, the primary objective is to provide forecasting for overall company business planning.
- Provide a monthly, quarterly, annual and five-year forecast for the company.
- Manage the monthly sales forecasting process.
- Monitor distributor inventory levels and assess impact to the forecast.
- Act as key support person for the Trade Insights System and assist Sales Managers in the administration of their trade promotion plans.
- Assist the Senior Manager of Sales Services in setting trade strategy.
- Manage all necessary reporting for sales volume for the company including daily reports, standardized monthly, quarterly or annual reports and any ad-hoc reporting requests.
- Communication of TM’s Sales Policies and Procedures.
- Review and Manage Customer Price Lists.
- Manages Broker Commission Process.
- Act as a key support member of the Cross Functional Leadership Team.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 4-6 years of experience in a forecasting, trade marketing, or similar sales support role in the CPG industry.
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Understanding how multiple functions contribute and interact with one another.
- The ability to have influence across multiple departments.
- An understanding of retail customers.
- Technical skills- Excel (Strong), Power Point, and Word.
- Knowledge of syndicated data systems – SPINS, AC Nielsen, or IRI.
- A strong understanding of the trade promotion planning process.
- 40+ hour work week
- Sit for extended periods of time
- Work effectively in a busy office environment
If you are interested in applying for this position please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and please include Assistant Sales Planning Manager in the subject heading. Note: This position is based at our Sales and Marketing office in Petaluma. We look forward to your submission!