Traditional Medicinals® (TM) is a growing, financially sound, 41 year-old herbal medicinal tea company based in Sonoma County, CA. The company manufactures over 50 varieties of tea in its solar-powered Sebastopol facility, and recently opened a Marketing and Sales Office in Petaluma. TM is proud to be the number one medicinal, organic, and Fair Trade herbal tea company in the US. In 1974, TM pioneered the herbal medicinal tea category and over the years has grown to become the sixth-largest bagged tea company in the US. Its products are distributed nationally across all channels, from health and natural foods stores (Whole Foods), to all major national grocery chains, to mass market retailers (Target & Walmart).
TM is an independent, mission-driven company with a planning horizon extending beyond the next generation. The concept of a triple bottom line focusing on people, planet, and profits is part of the Company’s mission and the basis for its success over the past 41 years. We have a manufacturing and warehousing operation based in Sebastopol, CA, which is 65 miles north of San Francisco, and a Sales and Marketing Office located in Petaluma, CA which is 40 miles north of San Francisco.
E-commerce Business Manager
Reports To: VP of Sales
Location: HQ in Sebastopol or Petaluma or Telecommute – Preference for Northern California but remote workplace is a possibility.
This is a newly created position that will focus on our rapidly growing e-commerce business. Previously handled by our broker, we are looking to develop internal expertise due toÂ the importance of this growing channel.
This position will lead the creation and implementation of Traditional Medicinals’ (TM’s) e-commerce strategy and will report in to the Sales department while working hand-in-hand with the Marketing department. We are seeking a dynamic individual who can manage a complex work environment, both internally with TM and in the external marketplace. The candidate must possess the skills to effectively manage the current business, delivering against key KPI metrics. The candidate should also possess the strategic and planning skills necessary to lead this dynamic channel into the future.
- Manage and develop existing e-commerce business; manage the sales and relationship of key e-commerce customers, including Amazon, iherb and Vitacost.
- Work with Marketing to ensure branded content properly reflects the latest image and positioning of the brand.
- Manage all aspects of the business including distribution, trade and marketing programs and web based content.
- Assist RSM group with the management of all major retailers’ web-based sales activity.
- Define company expectations and objectives for delivering leading e-commerce business results within our traditional brick and mortar retailers. This also would include any promotional / marketing activity with web-based components.
- Stay on top of emerging trends within the e-commerce business channel. Keep TM on the cutting edge of new e-commerce opportunities.
- Institute an e-commerce go-to-market model that will ensure TM benefits from the explosive growth of the channel while maintaining profitability goals. Manage the total profitability of the channel while achieving budgeted growth targets.
- Achieve existing sales based KPI’s including distribution and pricing objectives, innovation launch objectives, trade spend management and volume growth.
- 5-10 years consumer packaged goods (CPG) Sales/Marketing experience
- Key account management and development
- Experience working cross-functionally within a consumer products company
- CPG experience with traditional brick and mortar retailers
- E-commerce sales experience
- Persuasive selling
- Business analytics
- Strong technological skills
- Excellent communication skills
- 40+ hour work week
- Over 50% travel if not located in Northern California
- 25%-30% travel if living in Northern California
If you are interested in applying for this position please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and please include E-commerce Business Manager in the subject heading. We look forward to your submission!
Assistant Sales Planning Manager
Reports To: Senior Sales Services Manager
Hours: Full Time
The Sales Planning Manager is responsible for providing TM stakeholders with visibility to past, present and future business conditions. This key member of the sales team will guide the sales forecasting process, monitor external business conditions, support the trade planning process, and translate their findings into an overall business forecast. While this department will provide forecasts for Operations, the primary objective is to provide forecasting for overall company business planning.
- Provide a monthly, quarterly, annual and five-year forecast for the company.
- Manage the monthly sales forecasting process.
- Monitor distributor inventory levels and assess impact to the forecast.
- Act as key support person for the Trade Insights System and assist Sales Managers in the administration of their trade promotion plans.
- Assist the Senior Manager of Sales Services in setting trade strategy.
- Manage all necessary reporting for sales volume for the company including daily reports, standardized monthly, quarterly or annual reports and any ad-hoc reporting requests.
- Communication of TM’s Sales Policies and Procedures.
- Review and Manage Customer Price Lists.
- Manages Broker Commission Process.
- Act as a key support member of the Cross Functional Leadership Team.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 4-6 years of experience in a forecasting, trade marketing, or similar sales support role in the CPG industry.
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Understanding how multiple functions contribute and interact with one another.
- The ability to have influence across multiple departments.
- An understanding of retail customers.
- Technical skills- Excel (Strong), Power Point, and Word.
- Knowledge of syndicated data systems – SPINS, AC Nielsen, or IRI.
- A strong understanding of the trade promotion planning process.
- 40+ hour work week
- Sit for extended periods of time
- Work effectively in a busy office environment
If you are interested in applying for this position please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com and please include Assistant Sales Planning Manager in the subject heading. Note: This position is based at our Sales and Marketing office in Petaluma. We look forward to your submission!
Consumer Response Specialist (Part-Time)
Reports to: Vice President of Marketing
Schedule: 16-28 hours/week, depending upon the season (please see summary).
Location: Petaluma, CA
This is a newly created position designed to help handle the strong growth the brand has experienced over the past three years; with more growth on the horizon. There is a rapidly growing social media community, including Facebook with nearly 1,000,000 connections, an increase in consumer interactions in more traditional channels (phone, email, snail mail, etc), we need an internal resource to interact with our consumer base who can provide a timely response and a positive outcome. In this role, the CRS will work closely with the Social Media Specialist and incumbent Consumer Response Coordinator to ensure coverage across all consumer engagement channels.
TM is seeking a consumer engagement star, a team player who enjoys interacting with consumers. You should be a natural born social creature, both online and offline, with a natural curiosity about consumers and an ability to drive interactions with them, whether happy or unhappy, to a positive ending.
This is a part-time opportunity, with 16-28 hours/week expected during peak selling season (September – April), and 24-28 hours/week expected during the off-season months (May – August). Although there is some degree of flexibility for a remote work setting, the ideal candidate will be local and would enjoy being part of the Sales and Marketing team office environment.
- Provide high-level customer service in response to all consumer inquiries by utilizing excellent, in-depth knowledge of company products and procedures.
- Respond to consumer comments and questions ensuring that each response is consistent with the TM brand voice and is legally compliant.
- Monitor in-bound consumer inquiries and comments (telephone, snail mail, email, tm.com and social media channels) and respond in a way that provides a high level of customer satisfaction.
- As required, maintains records of consumer interactions and transactions, accurately recording details of inquiries, complaints, or comments, and documents actions taken in the consumer database (CRS).
- Refer unresolved consumer grievances to designated departments for further investigation.
- Develop knowledge and expertise about TM’s product details.
- Provide ad hoc administrative support to the Marketing and Sales Support teams.
- High school diploma required; Bachelor’s degree a plus.
- Two or more years of related professional customer service experience, including written responses and telephone communication; or any equivalent combination of education, experience, and training.
- Knowledge and use of social media communications platforms such as Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Positive attitude, able to make satisfied and unsatisfied consumers think, “I’m glad I contacted them!”
- Able to maintain composure under difficult circumstances and effectively deal with angry or upset consumers.
- Adaptable to a fast paced, shifting work environment; willing to remain flexible to accommodate changing business conditions, work requirements and scheduling needs. As needed, flexibility to monitor social media on evenings and weekends.
- Knowledge and curiosity about herbs and plants a big plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus.
- Ability and willingness to participate in work-related training, seminars or travel as required by the company.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Experience using a customer data base (CRS) a plus, as is experience working on a consumer brand.
A competitive compensation rate is offered, along with personal time-off, cash bonus and profit sharing. This position is not eligible for health benefits.
If you are interested in applying for this position please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and please include the initials CRS in the subject heading. Note: This position is based at our Sales and Marketing office in Petaluma. We look forward to your submission!