Looking to work at a pioneering, independent, mission-driven, plant lover’s paradise?
Think you’ve got the right stuff? Check out our job openings and drop us a line at email@example.com if your skills and inclinations match one of our open positions.
We are a growing, financially sound, 38-year-old herbal wellness tea company based in Northern California. With over 50 varieties of tea made in our solar- and wind-powered manufacturing facility, we are a leading seller of organic and Fair Trade Certified™ wellness tea in the U.S. In 1974, we pioneered the wellness tea category and over the years we’ve grown to become the seventh largest bagged tea company in the US (out of 315 tea companies). Our products are herbal supplements that are distributed nationally across all channels from health and natural foods stores (Whole Foods), to all major national grocery chains, to mass market retailers (Target and Walmart), and drug stores (CVS, Walgreens, Rite Aid).
We are an independent, employee owned (ESOP), mission-driven company with a planning horizon extending beyond the next generation. The concept of a triple bottom line—focusing on people, planet, and profits—is part of our corporate DNA and a fundamental aspect of our mission. We believe it is the basis for our success over the past 38 years.
We have a manufacturing and warehousing operation based in Sebastopol, CA, which is 65 miles north of San Francisco, and a sales and marketing office located in Petaluma, CA which is 40 miles north of San Francisco.
Associate Brand Manager
We’re looking for a talented and enthusiastic person to join our team and help drive Traditional Medicinals awareness, trial, in-market execution and innovation. In support of our ambition to connect people to the power of plants, the TM brand has experienced significant and rapid change over the past year, including new packaging graphics and a new brand “voice.” This new voice has been expressed in new marketing channels for TM, including social media and PR efforts, and in an updated way in long-standing channels such as print.
Under the direction of the Senior Brand Manager (SBM), the ABM will be a key brand team member, working to develop and execute clearly-defined Marketing, Communications and Innovation strategies to drive growth and enhance equity for the Traditional Medicinals brand.
This position offers a meaningful opportunity to propel an environmentally and socially sustainable Company to a long term leadership position in the US tea market. Today TM is the leading medicinal, organic and fair trade tea company in the US and is poised for tremendous growth, having the right products, distribution, financial stability and board of director’s support to dramatically transform the Company. The candidate selected for this position will play a key role in this transformation.
TM is seeking a dynamic, detail-oriented, collaborative ABM with passion for influencing and executing brand strategy and the analytical ability to both identify actionable insights from data and think as a business owner in developing and evaluating marketing tactics and budgets. Candidates seeking to join our brand team should have experience driving consumer marketing results and the ability to manage projects that are on-strategy, on-budget and on-time. Finally, this is a collaborative role, requiring good working relationships and communication with marketing peers, across functions, and with partner agencies.
Marketing budget management
Insights and Innovation
- Analytical skills, with demonstrated experience interpreting and acting based on data
- Very strong team player, ability to work with and influence cross-functional teams and partner agencies to achieve results
- Project management skills, including ability to manage against strategies, budgets and timelines
- Executional skills, including ability to manage complex, detail-oriented marketing tactics
- Intellectually curious
- Passion for natural and organic products a plus
Education & Experience
- BS/BA required, MBA a plus
- Strongly prefer experience in marketing in the CPG space
- Experience in driving results as part of a cross-functional team
A competitive compensation and benefits package is offered, including Employee Stock Ownership (member of the ESOP), making you one of the owners of the Company, and full health benefits.
Traditional Medicinals offers a professional, mission driven work environment that promotes teamwork, creativity, and supports individual growth. If you are interested in applying for this position please send your cover letter and resume in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and please put “Associate Brand Manager” in the subject heading. This position is an on-site, Petaluma-based position. We look forward to your submission!
Consumer Response & Social Media Specialist
Traditional Medicinals® (TM) is a growing, financially sound, 39 year old herbal medicinal tea company based in Sonoma County, CA. The Company manufactures over 50 varieties of tea in its solar powered Sebastopol facility, and recently opened a Marketing and Sales office in Petaluma. TM is proud to be the number one medicinal, organic, and fair trade herbal tea company in the US. In 1974, TM pioneered the herbal medicinal tea category and over the years has grown to become the sixth largest bagged tea company in the US. Its products are distributed nationally across all channels from health and natural foods stores (Whole Foods), to all major national grocery chains, to mass market retailers (Target & Wal-Mart), and drug stores (CVS, Walgreens, Rite Aid).
We are an independent, employee owned (ESOP) mission-driven company with a planning horizon extending beyond the next generation. The concept of a triple bottom line, focusing on people, planet, & profits, is part of the Company’s mission and the basis for its success over the past 39 years.
We’re looking for a talented and enthusiastic person to join our team and help drive our community building efforts as an important face of the Traditional Medicinals brand to consumers. In support of our ambition to connect people to the power of plants, the TM brand has experienced significant and rapid change over the past year, including new packaging graphics and a new brand “voice.” This new voice has been expressed in new marketing channels for TM including social media, blogger outreach, and PR efforts. With a rapidly growing Facebook community (100,000+ fans, high levels of engagement in less than a year), we need an internal resource to interact, nurture and grow this community while evaluating other social channels and interacting with consumers in more traditional offline channels.
This position offers a meaningful opportunity to help grow an environmentally and socially sustainable company to a long term leadership position in the US tea market. TM is poised for rapid growth having the right products, distribution, financial stability and Board of Director’s support to transform the Company. The candidate selected for this position will play an important role both as the voice of the TM brand to a large, engaged and growing consumer base, as well as the voice of the consumer to the Company.
We are seeking a consumer engagement star, a team player who enjoys interacting with consumers, someone with writing chops, a passion for plants, and professional experience managing both consumer response and social media platforms. You should be a natural born social creature, both online and offline, with a natural curiosity about consumers and an ability to drive interactions with them, whether happy or unhappy, to a positive ending. Passionate about brands and consumers, you have a talent and ability to foster a deeper relationship between the two.
- Lead the brands’ direct response interactions with consumers across all channels (50-60%)
- Be the main point of contact for consumers across email, phone, snail mail, and social channels
- Interact with consumers with enthusiasm and energy, in a voice consistent with the brand
- Synthesize feedback and metrics across channels to provide a strong “voice of the consumer” to the company; provide monthly reports to the organization; make recommendations on how to further build and strengthen response and community
- Develop and refine FAQ’s; recommend actions to improve consumer response
- As appropriate, document consumer interactions in the company’s CRS system
- Work with Legal & Regulatory to document and ensure consumer and community interactions are legally compliant
- Nurture and grow our existing Facebook community; evaluate opportunities in other social channels (30-40%)
- Work with brand team and agencies to devise Facebook content strategy, develop content, post, monitor and evaluate
- Work with brand team and agencies to evaluate opportunities for the brand in other social channels such as Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest
- Moderate and respond to fan posts in a manner consistent with our brand voice
- Scan the social media landscape to provide insight into consumer and community behavior (10-20%)
- Use social media listening tools to monitor competitive / industry social media channels, and provide insight into trends on what’s working and what’s not working, and implications for TM’s social media efforts
- Monitor what the online world is saying about our brand on external websites and platforms and provide insight and recommendations
- College degree required
- At least 2 years of “high-touch” consumer response experience
- At least 2 years’ experience in social media / community management
- Track record in engaging and nurturing an online community
- Strong writing, communication and story-telling skills. Copywriting experience a plus
- Good attention to detail
- Positive attitude, able to make satisfied and unsatisfied consumers think, “I’m glad I contacted them!”
- Knowledge and use of social media communications platforms such as Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram
- Proficient in developing, executing, tracking and gleaning insight from consumer interaction and social media metrics, ie advertising, page views, community activity, and offline activity
- As needed, flexibility to monitor social media on evenings and weekends
- Experience with CRS (Consumer Response Systems) a plus, and experience with a CPG (Consumer Packaged Goods) brand preferred.
- Finally, with an ambition to connect people to the power of plants, we’re looking for a plant person, and/or someone who is open and sympathetic to understanding the world of plants and people who love them.
A competitive compensation and benefits package is offered, including Employee Stock Ownership making you one of the owners of the Company, and full health benefits.
Traditional Medicinals offers a professional, mission driven work environment that promotes teamwork, creativity, and supports individual growth. If you are interested in applying for this position please send your cover letter and resume email@example.com and please put the initials CR&SMS in the subject heading. This position is based at our Sales & Marketing office in downtown Petaluma. We look forward to your submission!
This is an exciting opportunity for an intern to work for a growing and innovative consumer packaged goods company. Traditional Medicinals is proud to be the number one medicinal, organic, and fair trade herbal tea company in the U.S. This internship will provide valuable, real-world experience, as well as an opportunity to apply scholastic knowledge and organizational skills to our working environment. You’ll work alongside a diverse group of marketing professionals that have been successful growing small, medium, even billion dollar brands.
Duties will expose the candidate to many facets of the marketing mix while working within a traditional brand management structure. We are looking for a motivated, flexible person with a can-do attitude who can support our Marketing department’s day-to-day activities as well as participate in special projects.
Current college student pursuing a degree, preferably in Marketing.
- Strong initiative, resourceful.
- Good interpersonal skills, able to work well with coworkers and other departments. A team player.
- Organized with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects.
- Detailed oriented and able to complete projects on time.
- Good analytical skills.
- Intellectually curious, eager to learn.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
- 20+ hours per week. Schedule negotiable.
- Willingness and ability to occasionally work non-standard hours and attend company events as required.
- Work with the Marketing team on special projects as needed. Examples include:
- Sampling – evaluate and process requests.
- Website changes – image & text up loads, routings for website pages.
- Marketing premiums – research and source premiums.
- Couponing – initiate, track and analyze.
- 3rd party website image management.
- Tradeshow – assist with show logistics.
- Competitive and brand tracking.
- Develop selling materials for Sales team and brokers, manage collaterals.
- Organize and inventory various Marketing storage areas.
- Miscellaneous administrative support as needed (data entry, filing & archiving, coordination of meetings, scanning and copying).
- In addition to these typical duties, may perform other duties as assigned and required.
IMA Swing Production Supervisor
- Responsible for supervision of IMA and Displayland production and personnel.
- Serves as QC back-up line inspector and assists QC Inspector wherever necessary.
- Responsible for ensuring all departmental employees comply with company policies and procedures, as well as Safety and GMP procedures.
- Prepares, completes, and reviews all related production paperwork, i.e., production run summary, teabag component usage sheet, Q.C. sheets, Display product conversion sheet and related paperwork.
- Maintains various log tables in accordance with Q.C. / Sop’s, i.e., Tea dumping log, Component weight log, IMA and Display production logs.
- Monitors weights on IMA machines ensuring consistency of product.
- Familiar with operation of all peripheral production equipment as well as IMA machines, i.e., Check Weighers, Machine Output Monitor, Real Time System, Glue machines, Case Taper, Ink Jet print system, weigh scales, conveyors, shrink wrap machine.
- Assists operators and mechanics in trouble shooting initial cause of machine failure and notifies mechanic of such problems in a timely manner.
- Assists Q.C. in approvals of all products as well as checking in herbs for repack.
- Responsible for training of all production personnel including GMP training, reviews, time cards, attendance reports, accident reports, PTO and vacation scheduling, as well as disciplinary monitoring, reporting and action.
- Provides miscellaneous support wherever necessary to keep production lines efficient; i.e., computer printed product labels, run related form copies.
- Provide temporary support in production or Displayland whenever necessary.
- Able to manually count out waste, dump tea, move and stage components.
- Assist in Inventory matters relating to department, co-ordinate rework projects including RMA’s,.
- Ensures Safety and exercise programs are enforced daily.
- Responsible for nightly property security, fire pump and control panel operation
- Performs any and all other assigned tasks.
- Minimum Qualifications
- High School Diploma or greater
- Good communication, writing and math skills
- 3 or more years related line experience
- Must be well organized with attention to detail
- Working knowledge of GMP regulations
- Bilingual a plus
- Physical Requirements
- Ability to stand/walk 10 hrs per day depending on shift
- Ability to lift upwards up to 10 lbs throughout the day
- Must be able to lift or carry 1 – 17 lbs. (frequently).
- Ability to lift upwards of 5lbs 3 times / hour; up to 25 lbs 1 – 2 times a day
- Ability to lift and stack finished case boxes, approximately 1lb repeatedly over the course of the 10-hour work day
- Able to lift 50 lbs. to waist level
- Comfortable working on a high platform
- Must be comfortable wearing protective gear for eyes, ears and breathing
- Ability to work in a warehouse environment