Looking to work at a pioneering, independent, mission-driven, plant lover’s paradise?
Think you’ve got the right stuff? Check out our job openings and drop us a line at email@example.com if your skills and inclinations match one of our open positions.
We are a growing, financially sound, 38-year-old herbal wellness tea company based in Northern California. With over 50 varieties of tea made in our solar- and wind-powered manufacturing facility, we are a leading seller of organic and Fair Trade Certified™ wellness tea in the U.S. In 1974, we pioneered the wellness tea category and over the years we’ve grown to become the seventh largest bagged tea company in the US (out of 315 tea companies). Our products are herbal supplements that are distributed nationally across all channels from health and natural foods stores (Whole Foods), to all major national grocery chains, to mass market retailers (Target and Walmart), and drug stores (CVS, Walgreens, Rite Aid).
We are an independent, employee owned (ESOP), mission-driven company with a planning horizon extending beyond the next generation. The concept of a triple bottom line—focusing on people, planet, and profits—is part of our corporate DNA and a fundamental aspect of our mission. We believe it is the basis for our success over the past 38 years.
We have a manufacturing and warehousing operation based in Sebastopol, CA, which is 65 miles north of San Francisco, and a sales and marketing office located in Petaluma, CA which is 40 miles north of San Francisco.
Legal and Regulatory Affairs Manager
Title: Legal and Regulatory Affairs Manager
Reports to: Vice President Technical Services
Location: Sebastopol, California
Traditional Medicinals® is a growing, financially sound 39 year old herbal medicinal tea company based in Sonoma County, California. The Company manufactures over 50 varieties of tea in its solar powered Sebastopol facility. TM is proud to be the number one medicinal, organic, and fair trade herbal tea company in the US. In 1974, TM pioneered the herbal medicinal tea category and over the years has grown to become the sixth largest bagged tea company in the US.
TM is an independent, employee owned (ESOP), mission driven company. The concept of a triple bottom line, focusing on people, planet and profits, is part of the Company’s mission and the basis for its success over the past 39 years.
The Opportunity for the Legal and Regulatory Affairs Manager
We’re looking for an energetic and experienced person to manage an established Legal and Regulatory Affairs department for Traditional Medicinals. Under direction of the Vice President of Technical Services the position will manage legal and regulatory compliance specifically focused on the United States dietary supplement and Canadian Over-the-Counter drug industries.
TM is seeking a dynamic, collaborative manager with excellent knowledge of the existing legal and regulatory environment for herbal dietary supplement and Natural Health products in the United States and Canada. Candidates must demonstrate the ability to analyze complex regulations for impact on the company and the company’s products. A demonstrated ability to communicate complicated legal and regulatory issues cross functionally is a must. The successful candidate will have experience managing intellectual property portfolios, drafting and reviewing NDAs, ICAs, vendor and supplier agreements, managing governmental inquiries and managing outside counsel.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Manage governmental inquiries and communications including product licensing (Health Canada) and product notifications (US FDA). Participate in responses to Information Request Notices and/or Requests for Further Information. Respond to inquiries from US regulatory agencies including customs, US Food and Drug Administration and State Food and Drug agencies.
- Review dietary supplement product substantiation files and NHP license submissions for quality and sufficiency of evidence, liaison with Canadian counsel and Canadian Responsible Person. Work with cross functional innovation team to develop and support label claims.
- Serve as inspection team member (FDA, State of California FDB), product recall team member, and crisis management team member.
- Manage the legal and regulatory review of marketing and sales materials, including labels and labeling, advertising, product claims, and packaging requirements for compliance to applicable State, Federal and Canadian regulations.
- Coordinate and submit TM’s written comments on all relevant proposed regulations to the appropriate regulatory agency.
- Manage TM’s intellectual property portfolio. Manage litigation, oppositions and trademark strategy.
- Review and draft contracts; vendor, supplier and customer contracts. Draft NDAs, ICAs and other agreements as needed.
- Manage outside counsel; act as a liaison with outside counsel for other departments as needed.
- Provide training and educational sessions for employees related to legal and regulatory issues.
- Manage the Legal and Regulatory Affairs Project Manager. Establish quarterly goals and objectives and review work including trademark activities, certifications, adverse event and consumer inquiry database and day to day review of social media / marketing materials.
- Create and manage the L&R annual budget and annual goals and objectives in alignment with company goals and objectives.
- Serve as an advocate for Traditional Medicinals, TM employees, customers and consumers.
- Analytical skills, experience interpreting and communicating complex regulatory and legal requirements
- Strong team player, collaborative and able to communicate well cross functionally
- Knowledge of herbal products and herbal product regulatory environments required.
- Minimal travel, mainly to trade shows in the US and Canada.
BA/BS required, JD a plus; minimum 10 years’ experience in legal and regulatory affairs. Experience in the herbal products industry strongly preferred. RAC or equivalent a plus.
How to Apply
If you’d like to be considered for a position at Traditional Medicinals in Sebastopol, California, please send your resume and cover letter via email to Recruiting@tradmed.com. No phone calls please.
IT Programmer Analyst
The programmer/analyst is responsible for providing business application programming and database administration support for critical business systems. The role requires extensive experience with ERP systems and SQL server based application development in finance and manufacturing environments. The candidate will provide database support, application development and data integration between our ERP system and other software applications. Some network administration capabilities may be required.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Perform business programming based on priority projects, including reporting and data extraction requirements for Sales, Operations and Finance/Accounting
• Perform support and customizations in QAD, BizNet, SQL Server and other applications
• Develop workflows and data integration between applications
• Perform SQL database administration tasks
• Participate in vendor and product evaluation based on business requirements
• Support business in process documentation and application training
• Develop test strategies for new and existing applications
• Write documentation for technical requirements, business processes, application specifications and user training
• Other duties as assigned.
• In-depth hands-on experience with in the manufacturing sector and solid understanding of ERP processes
• Experience with business analytics and demonstrated knowledge with business workflow development
• Hands-on implementation experience with developing business dashboards and workflow application customizations
• Extensive experience with SQL Server administration and development
• Experience with Windows server and client software
• Protects operations by keeping information confidential
• Bachelors degree in Business/Information Systems
• 5-10 years experience as a business programmer/analyst in a manufacturing environment
• Hands-on programming with ERP systems and related data extraction
• Access database experience a plus
• Familiarity with QAD SE and Progress a plus
• Familiarity with Linux and terminal programs such as Putty a plus
• Effective communication skills required
• Able to work independently and efficiently with minimal supervision
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Health and Natural Foods Industry Information Systems knowledge helpful
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Must be able to work at a desk and communicate orally.
• Must be able to lift hardware components, move paperwork, computer workstations and files up to 40 pounds occasionally.
• Must be able to distinguish color coding on wires and to see up close. Must be able to use common hand tools, be able to work on ladders and to work with arms above shoulder level occasionally.
General office setting and warehouse environment with reasonable wheelchair accessibility. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but the warehouse can be loud at times.
This is an exciting opportunity for an intern to work for a growing and innovative consumer packaged goods company. Traditional Medicinals is proud to be the number one medicinal, organic, and fair trade herbal tea company in the U.S. This internship will provide valuable, real-world experience, as well as an opportunity to apply scholastic knowledge and organizational skills to our working environment. You’ll work alongside a diverse group of marketing professionals that have been successful growing small, medium, even billion dollar brands.
Duties will expose the candidate to many facets of the marketing mix while working within a traditional brand management structure. We are looking for a motivated, flexible person with a can-do attitude who can support our Marketing department’s day-to-day activities as well as participate in special projects.
Current college student pursuing a degree, preferably in Marketing.
- Strong initiative, resourceful.
- Good interpersonal skills, able to work well with coworkers and other departments. A team player.
- Organized with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects.
- Detailed oriented and able to complete projects on time.
- Good analytical skills.
- Intellectually curious, eager to learn.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
- 20+ hours per week. Schedule negotiable.
- Willingness and ability to occasionally work non-standard hours and attend company events as required.
- Work with the Marketing team on special projects as needed. Examples include:
- Sampling – evaluate and process requests.
- Website changes – image & text up loads, routings for website pages.
- Marketing premiums – research and source premiums.
- Couponing – initiate, track and analyze.
- 3rd party website image management.
- Tradeshow – assist with show logistics.
- Competitive and brand tracking.
- Develop selling materials for Sales team and brokers, manage collaterals.
- Organize and inventory various Marketing storage areas.
- Miscellaneous administrative support as needed (data entry, filing & archiving, coordination of meetings, scanning and copying).
- In addition to these typical duties, may perform other duties as assigned and required.