We are committed to the quality and purity of the herbs we use.Because of this, we strive to use pharmacopoeial grade herbs that are also certified organic and kosher whenever possible. All of our teas are Non-GMO Project Verified. Some of our herbs are cultivated on farms using sustainable agricultural methods, and some are sustainably wild harvested under organic certification rules for wild crops. A number of our teas contain Fair Trade Certified™ ingredients, as well.
All of our ingredients, with the exception of the bee products (honey) used in our syrups, are plant-based (no synthetic, petroleum-based, or animal-derived components) and suitable for use by those seeking a healthy, natural lifestyle, including vegetarians and, in most cases, vegans as well.
We NEVER use:
- Animal-derived natural colors (e.g. carmine / cochineal), animal-derived natural flavors, other animal-derived ingredients (e.g. gelatin, glycerin, stearic acid) or ingredients that have been processed with animal parts (e.g. processed sugar, which is processed with carbonized cattle bone charcoal). Note: one exception is our use of honey, a bee product, in syrup products.
- Artificial colors, artificial flavors, other synthetic ingredients
- Dairy (e.g. lactose)
- Herbs sterilized by irradiation, gassing with ethylene oxide (ETO) or propylene oxide (PPO)
- Hormones (e.g. melatonin), animal-derived or synthetic
- Genetically-engineered (GE) components (e.g. maltodextrin from GE-corn, vitamin E from GE-soy, or lecithin from GE-soy)
- Chemically-modified-herbs (e.g. decaffeinated tea leaf or deglycyrrhized licorice root)
- Herbal extracts that may contain solvent residuals from toxic solvents like hexane or acetone
- Isolated vitamins or minerals, whether they are synthetic or natural source or a product of genetic engineering
- Isolated / purified plant constituents (e.g. pure caffeine)
- Artificial or natural colors or flavors to mask the taste of our formulations; instead we combine herbs, herbal extracts and/or essential oils in a manner that balances the natural tastes in the tea.
- Petroleum-based food additive ingredients